+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Don't forget Hynoski, Pascoe and J. Williams

The ENTIRE team contributed tonight, but hats off to some guys that made important contributions:

Hynoski -- undrafted FA rookie FB (nice one, JR) who was clearing paths for AB and BJ and made at least one nice catch in which he hurdled Newman for extra yardage.

Pascoe - 2nd year TE / FB. Also made some nice plays and ALSO hurdled Newman for extra yardage after the catch.

NOTE: Terrance Newman needs a nickname like "The Human Hurdle" or just "Hurdle."

J. Williams - rookie LB 6th round pick out of USF. 1 sack and 1 hit on Romo, and made some nice tackles as well. Nice game to go along with his excellent game against the Eagles during their first meeting of the year.

Re: Don't forget Hynoski, Pascoe and J. Williams

Both Pascoe and Hynoski can catch pretty well.

Hynoski, in particular, was a real receiving threat at Pitt.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

[quote user="JJC7301"]The ENTIRE team contributed tonight, but hats off to some guys that made important contributions:

Hynoski -- undrafted FA rookie FB (nice one, JR) who was clearing paths for AB and BJ and made at least one nice catch in which he hurdled Newman for extra yardage.

Pascoe - 2nd year TE / FB. Also made some nice plays and ALSO hurdled Newman for extra yardage after the catch.

NOTE: Terrance Newman needs a nickname like "The Human Hurdle" or just "Hurdle."

J. Williams - rookie LB 6th round pick out of USF. 1 sack and 1 hit on Romo, and made some nice tackles as well. Nice game to go along with his excellent game against the Eagles during their first meeting of the year.[/quote] Jaquain Williams was outstanding and yet another reason why i give Jerry Reese so much love for his Drafting and UDF skills Heres a guy in Jaquian WIllliams that i haden't ever heard of(and i heard of everyone!!lol) and he gets him in RD 6 when u can take chances on guys and not hurt 2bad if they don't work out So i look into Williams and he had a nice season and u could totally see him improving as a SR to the point where he'd be looked at as high as RD 2 probably and at worst RD 3ish and we got him in RD 6 After i did the research i was saying how Reese pretty much got a 2nd-3rd RD LB in RD 6 just a yr earlier then he would of been that He basically projected and hit a homerun with his pick of williams Reese is just awesome at drafting!

Hynoski was huge tonight and was a great Additon by Reese via Undrafted Free agent He was a UDF that alot of fans who follow draft prospects wanted Hes a bulldozer with solid hands I bet he could short yardage carry for us as well and that might happen a tad down the line Great game by Henry!

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="JJC7301"]The ENTIRE team contributed tonight, but hats off to some guys that made important contributions:

J. Williams - rookie LB 6th round pick out of USF. 1 sack and 1 hit on Romo, and made some nice tackles as well. Nice game to go along with his excellent game against the Eagles during their first meeting of the year.[/quote] Jaquain Williams was outstanding and yet another reason why i give Jerry Reese so much love for his Drafting and UDF skills*** Heres a guy in Jaquian WIllliams that i haden't ever heard of(and i heard of everyone!!lol)* and he gets him in RD 6 when u can take chances on guys and not hurt 2bad if they don't work out*** So i look into Williams and he had a nice season and u could totally see him improving* as a SR to the point where he'd be looked at as high as RD 2 probably and at worst* RD 3ish* and we got him in RD 6**** After i did the research i was saying how Reese pretty much got a 2nd-3rd RD LB in RD 6** just a yr earlier* then he would of been that** He basically projected and hit a homerun with his pick of williams*** Reese is just awesome at drafting!

Hynoski was huge tonight and was a great Additon by Reese via Undrafted Free agent*** He was a UDF that alot of fans who follow draft prospects wanted*** Hes a bulldozer with solid hands*** I bet he could short yardage carry for us as well** and that might happen a tad down the line**** Great game by Henry!
    [/quote]
    Yeah, I've liked Williams all year, too. He had some good moments, as well some bad but he was a 6th round pick who was thrust into starting -- what can we expect? He's got great speed and I believe, a head for the game.

I don't know if he can be a true starter, but at the very least he'll be a valuable back-up / spot-starter in the future. Personally, I think he can develop into someone who wins a starting position and not just through injuries to other players.

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="JJC7301"]The ENTIRE team contributed tonight, but hats off to some guys that made important contributions:

J. Williams - rookie LB 6th round pick out of USF. 1 sack and 1 hit on Romo, and made some nice tackles as well. Nice game to go along with his excellent game against the Eagles during their first meeting of the year.[/quote] Jaquain Williams was outstanding and yet another reason why i give Jerry Reese so much love for his Drafting and UDF skills Heres a guy in Jaquian WIllliams that i haden't ever heard of(and i heard of everyone!!lol) and he gets him in RD 6 when u can take chances on guys and not hurt 2bad if they don't work out So i look into Williams and he had a nice season and u could totally see him improving as a SR to the point where he'd be looked at as high as RD 2 probably and at worst RD 3ish and we got him in RD 6 After i did the research i was saying how Reese pretty much got a 2nd-3rd RD LB in RD 6 just a yr earlier then he would of been that He basically projected and hit a homerun with his pick of williams Reese is just awesome at drafting!

Hynoski was huge tonight and was a great Additon by Reese via Undrafted Free agent He was a UDF that alot of fans who follow draft prospects wanted Hes a bulldozer with solid hands I bet he could short yardage carry for us as well and that might happen a tad down the line Great game by Henry!
    [/quote]
    Yeah, I've liked Williams all year, too. He had some good moments, as well some bad but he was a 6th round pick who was thrust into starting -- what can we expect? He's got great speed and I believe, a head for the game.

I don't know if he can be a true starter, but at the very least he'll be a valuable back-up / spot-starter in the future. Personally, I think he can develop into someone who wins a starting position and not just through injuries to other players.[/quote] I totally think Williams has what it takes to be above avg LB in this league U can see him getting better and better all ready and he only played at S FLA like 2yrs and as u said was thrust into starting for us and hes all ready getting better I think we won't see a fully developed Williams till his 3rd season and as i said hes all ready getting pretty good

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="JJC7301"]The ENTIRE team contributed tonight, but hats off to some guys that made important contributions:

J. Williams - rookie LB 6th round pick out of USF. 1 sack and 1 hit on Romo, and made some nice tackles as well. Nice game to go along with his excellent game against the Eagles during their first meeting of the year.[/quote] Jaquain Williams was outstanding and yet another reason why i give Jerry Reese so much love for his Drafting and UDF skills*** Heres a guy in Jaquian WIllliams that i haden't ever heard of(and i heard of everyone!!lol)* and he gets him in RD 6 when u can take chances on guys and not hurt 2bad if they don't work out*** So i look into Williams and he had a nice season and u could totally see him improving* as a SR to the point where he'd be looked at as high as RD 2 probably and at worst* RD 3ish* and we got him in RD 6**** After i did the research i was saying how Reese pretty much got a 2nd-3rd RD LB in RD 6** just a yr earlier* then he would of been that** He basically projected and hit a homerun with his pick of williams*** Reese is just awesome at drafting!

Hynoski was huge tonight and was a great Additon by Reese via Undrafted Free agent*** He was a UDF that alot of fans who follow draft prospects wanted*** Hes a bulldozer with solid hands*** I bet he could short yardage carry for us as well** and that might happen a tad down the line**** Great game by Henry!
    [/quote]

I don't know if he can be a true starter, but at the very least he'll be a valuable back-up / spot-starter in the future. Personally, I think he can develop into someone who wins a starting position and not just through injuries to other players.[/quote] I totally think Williams has what it takes to be above avg LB in this league** U can see him getting better and better all ready and he only played at S FLA like 2yrs and as u said was thrust into starting for us and hes all ready getting better** I think we won't see a fully developed Williams till his 3rd season*** and as i said* hes all ready getting pretty good
    [/quote]
    I agree -- I wasn't knocking him at all. I've been very impressed.

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="JJC7301"]The ENTIRE team contributed tonight, but hats off to some guys that made important contributions:

[/quote]

I don't know if he can be a true starter, but at the very least he'll be a valuable back-up / spot-starter in the future. Personally, I think he can develop into someone who wins a starting position and not just through injuries to other players.[/quote] I totally think Williams has what it takes to be above avg LB in this league** U can see him getting better and better all ready and he only played at S FLA like 2yrs and as u said was thrust into starting for us and hes all ready getting better** I think we won't see a fully developed Williams till his 3rd season*** and as i said* hes all ready getting pretty good
    [/quote]

hmmm... say a Zach Brown were to fall to us in the 1st, do the Giants give him a long hard look?

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="JJC7301"]The ENTIRE team contributed tonight, but hats off to some guys that made important contributions:

[/quote]

[/quote]

hmmm... say a Zach Brown were to fall to us in the 1st, do the Giants give him a long hard look?[/quote]
    I've been wanting LBs for years now, but I believe in drafting best available talent. That being said, I hope that a LB is THE best talent available when we pick.

We could have a good LB corp next year with Boley, Kiwi, and Goff returning OR a stud LB in the 1st round. PLUS J. Williams and Herz could either provide young depth that gained valuable experience this year, or possibly even compete for starting jobs. Almost overnight, the LB corp could become a strength instead of a liability without even making any big moves.

We're going to need depth in the secondary as well.

Veteran

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="JJC7301"]The ENTIRE team contributed tonight, but hats off to some guys that made important contributions:

[/quote]

I don't know if he can be a true starter, but at the very least he'll be a valuable back-up / spot-starter in the future. Personally, I think he can develop into someone who wins a starting position and not just through injuries to other players.[/quote] I totally think Williams has what it takes to be above avg LB in this league U can see him getting better and better all ready and he only played at S FLA like 2yrs and as u said was thrust into starting for us and hes all ready getting better I think we won't see a fully developed Williams till his 3rd season and as i said hes all ready getting pretty good
    [/quote]

hmmm... say a Zach Brown were to fall to us in the 1st, do the Giants give him a long hard look?[/quote]
    I've been wanting LBs for years now, but I believe in drafting best available talent. That being said, I hope that a LB is THE best talent available when we pick.

We could have a good LB corp next year with Boley, Kiwi, and Goff returning OR a stud LB in the 1st round. PLUS J. Williams and Herz could either provide young depth that gained valuable experience this year, or possibly even compete for starting jobs. Almost overnight, the LB corp could become a strength instead of a liability without even making any big moves.

We're going to need depth in the secondary as well.[/quote]

That is why Reese and crew deserves credit for building from within. It is cheaper and has a higher rate of success than signing a big name (old, injured, player who is past his prime).

very happy that these guys stepped up. I have been a Pascoe fan since last year. I was thinking he was going to be what Ballard became this season but I still had hopes would become a legit TE for the NYG. He made a step in that direction the last two weeks, When Hynoski came to the team just judging from his films from college I thought he would have progressed more quickly but it seems the last 5 games or so he is been stepping up as a FB and last night they got him more involved in the short pass game.....very good to see...

Keep it going Gmen....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch