+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

Why was DeMarcus Ware...

...allowed to take his helmet off while on the field? He did it more than once. I thought that was a penalty?

Bench Player

Re: Why was DeMarcus Ware...

He's elite.

Bigger ? Is why is he listed as a LB? Guy lines up on the DE spot every snap. Hes a defensive end in my book.
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

I was thinking the same thing. Santana Moss took his off for 2 seconds and got flagged. Ware did it twice and no one said anything. One of them would have given the Giants a first down early in the game in Dallas territory.

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"]...allowed to take his helmet off while on the field? He did it more than once. I thought that was a penalty?[/quote]

I said the same thing over and over last night. He did the same thing the in first game. He never gets penalized for it. Not sure why.

"Regular Season + Fork = Giants Playoff Chances!" Thank you Reese for putting together a stellar team.

[quote user="nycisgreat"][quote user="nygfanmaybe"]...allowed to take his helmet off while on the field? He did it more than once. I thought that was a penalty?[/quote] I said the same thing over and over last night. He did the same thing the in first game. He never gets penalized for it. Not sure why.[/quote]Was wondering the same thing myself and the only thing I can come up with is if the play was whistled dead. Can't remember the specifics though...
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

3 face masks were not called also and the holding on the o-line by Dallas. Face it the ref's had a tough year!!!

I thought the same thing as well. No idea, I suppose the answer is he is on Dallas. JPP got held all night as usual and he rarely if ever gets a call. In general they let holding go for once, which is fine. I thought the refs ere much better last night than the last few weeks, they could have called holding on a couple of the Giants TD runs.

it is but not for Dallas!!!

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"]...allowed to take his helmet off while on the field? He did it more than once. I thought that was a penalty?[/quote]

You're allowed to take off your helmet if you're adjusting it. If you take it off for any other reason it's a penalty.