+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This season gave us two new stars

The Giants better wrap JJP and Cruzwith long term contracts before the dollar signs blind them! [B]
    Giants fan since '58

Re: This season gave us two new stars

This the same Giants who are like a couple of hundred dollars under the salary cap?

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]This the same Giants who are like a couple of hundred dollars under the salary cap?[/quote]

Can't afford to lose them!

Giants fan since '58

All-Pro

With the emergence of new stars the Giants will have some tough decision making to do this off-season. They will need to get rid of some high paid under-performing players and possibly even a few very good aging players so they can retain players like JPP and Cruz. Hopefully they will be able to convince a few to renegotiate their contracts to be more cap friendly rather than having to clean house... that being said I think it is very likely that Osi, Canty and Jacobs are gone after this year.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

[quote user="brad"]With the emergence of new stars the Giants will have some tough decision making to do this off-season. They will need to get rid of some high paid under-performing players and possibly even a few very good aging players so they can retain players like JPP and Cruz. Hopefully they will be able to convince a few to renegotiate their contracts to be more cap friendly rather than having to clean house... that being said I think it is very likely that Osi, Canty and Jacobs are gone after this year.[/quote]Manningham might be added to that list too.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

All-Pro

[quote user="poppa smurph"][quote user="brad"]With the emergence of new stars the Giants will have some tough decision making to do this off-season. They will need to get rid of some high paid under-performing players and possibly even a few very good aging players so they can retain players like JPP and Cruz. Hopefully they will be able to convince a few to renegotiate their contracts to be more cap friendly rather than having to clean house... that being said I think it is very likely that Osi, Canty and Jacobs are gone after this year.[/quote]Manningham might be added to that list too.[/quote]

Definitely... and I am sure quite a few others as well. I think we will see a very active offseason, but probably not in the way that we would like to see.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

You got that right...JPP is a phenom and Cruz is nothing but big play after big play. Cruz's salsa dance is awesome and the JPP song from Naughty by Nature= >P<

[quote user="poppa smurph"][quote user="brad"]With the emergence of new stars the Giants will have some tough decision making to do this off-season. They will need to get rid of some high paid under-performing players and possibly even a few very good aging players so they can retain players like JPP and Cruz. Hopefully they will be able to convince a few to renegotiate their contracts to be more cap friendly rather than having to clean house... that being said I think it is very likely that Osi, Canty and Jacobs are gone after this year.[/quote]Manningham might be added to that list too.[/quote]
    I don't know about Canty, but Osi and Jacobs are almost a certainty if they need to drop people to sign Cruz and JPP. Do whatever they need to do to resign up and coming young stars who haven't even hit their prime yet.

Bench Player

[quote user="bigjeep"]The Giants better wrap JJP and Cruz*with long term contracts before the dollar signs blind them!**** [B][/quote]

Contract Facts:
    Jason Pierre Paul signed a 5 year contract in 2010.
    Victor Cruz signed a 3 year contract in 2010.

So with the cap remaining exactly where it is, the immediate need would be to sign Victor Cruz. The FO's modus operandi has always been to sign our young talent early, before they reach their maximum value. So no worries mate they will get it done.

Veteran

[quote user="guerilla"][quote user="bigjeep"]The Giants better wrap JJP and Cruz*with long term contracts before the dollar signs blind them!**** [B][/quote]

Contract Facts:
    Jason Pierre Paul signed a 5 year contract in 2010.
    Victor Cruz signed a 3 year contract in 2010.

So with the cap remaining exactly where it is, the immediate need would be to sign Victor Cruz. The FO's modus operandi has always been to sign our young talent early, before they reach their maximum value. So no worries mate they will get it done.[/quote]

Cruz already has reached his maximum value haha 1500 yards?!?! omg I hope he can do that again but honestly I wouldn't expect him to see numbers like that again.