+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Falcons are in a bit of trouble!!!

We are the last team the Falcons want to play. We match up well against their weaknesses. They are weak in the

Secondary - play lots of zone, average CBs. They can't cover Nicks and/or Cruz. Throw in some Rio and Ballard, Eli will have a big day. That also leads me to the Falcons D-line

D-line - Abraham is their main threat, other than that its average. They don't get good pressure on the QB. If they don't get any type of pressure this game will get out of hand fast.

O-line - The Falcons line is suspect. Good at run blocking but not great at pass protection. The Krakken will get after Ryan this game. They'll have to add extra TE help, keep a RB in to help which will help our secondary cause we'll have issues covering White and Jones. I'm not too worried about Gonzo. Boley has proven to be able to cover the elite TEs. We must stop the run and get them in 3rd and long.

QB - No discussion, Eli

The Falcons have the edge in the run game but overall i think we have this game. It'll be close but the Giants will pull out a win. On a side note a dome team coming up north in cold weather bodes well for us too.

Re: Falcons are in a bit of trouble!!!

Not playing in their dome either

I don't know much about them, but team statistics wise they are pretty solid across the board.

Just win the game Giants and move on!!!

Veteran

I live in Atlanta and the Falcons don't scare me. One pass rusher, below average corners. Stop Turner, stop the falcons.

All-Pro

Julio Jones is going to abuse Ross. Roddy White and Tony Gonzo arent too shabby either. We just need to keep the pressure on Ryan like we did vs Romo. Ryan wont be able to squirm out of those potential sack situatins like Romo does. I dont know how he does it.

Falcons are no joke though. Ryan is a very good QB, Turner is a beastly RB at times, and Abraham could cause some big problems for Diehl.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

Julio Jones is going to abuse Ross. Roddy White and Tony Gonzo arent too shabby either. We just need to keep the pressure on Ryan like we did vs Romo. Ryan wont be able to squirm out of those potential sack situatins like Romo does. I dont know how he does it.

Falcons are no joke though. Ryan is a very good QB, Turner is a beastly RB at times, and Abraham could cause some big problems for Diehl.

[/quote]

Trust me I'm no underestimating them but Ware is better than Abraham and we double him well enough. Don't see why we can't do that again.

Yep! I live in Atlanta too and I agree.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

All-Pro

I don't know about that. They have 2 very good WR's, a very good RB, and one of the best TE's to ever play the game. Their QB is not having a bad year either.

As far as weather, it looks like it will be around 50 when they play. Not that cold.

Well, to play devil's advocate, i think the Falcons match up against our weaknesses pretty well.

The Falcons have an above average RB, with a star WR and, arguably, the best TE in NFL's history. Add in a budding star in J. Jones, and a very solid QB in Matt Ryan, and you have yourself a pretty potent offense. I know we had a couple of big wins these last 2 weeks, but I am nowhere near sold on our defensive schemes. It would not surprise me at all if the Falcons control the clock with long methodical drives (lead the league in TOP).

Conversely, if they control the clock, I can absolutely see Gilbride abandoning the run completely. I do not know much about the Falcons D, except for Abraham, so I can't honestly say how we stack against them. With our weapons, I'm confident we can score on anyone.