+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What still worries me

we went three and out 3 times in the 3 Qtr and could not make 4th and 1 (again) by trying to jam the ball up the middle - the Cowboys got wise to our short pass offense and we should have gone deep sooner which Eli eventually did in the 4th

we were lucky but very alert to recover our two fumbles

we got too lax and let the cowpies score on a 94 yard drive - Tynes missed a 38 yarder that wewill need next week against a team better than the Cowpies-

Re: What still worries me

Bring in Petrus and run behind him very good run blocker

What worries me is the fact that the Giants still haven't found a way to play a full 60 minutes.

Last nights game was as close as we've seen this year year so, while it still worries me, I'm a little more confident in the team moving foward.

my beer drinking team has a football problem

play hard every snap 60 minutes you can do this Giants,make it happen!!! Never give up,play smart,keep running the ball!!! Help the D stay fresh.So they can run around like a bunch of crazied dogs and have some fun!!!!

[quote user="ggrammas"]

we went three and out 3 times in the 3 Qtr and could not make 4th and 1 (again) by trying to jam the ball up the middle - the Cowboys got wise to our short pass offense and we should have gone deep sooner which Eli eventually did in the 4th

we were lucky but very alert to recover our two fumbles

we got too lax and let the cowpies score on a 94 yard drive -* Tynes missed a 38 yarder that we*will need next week against a team better than the Cowpies*-

[/quote]

This is what I don't like about Gilbride's play calling...everyone knows that we have not had too much of a running game this year and the Oline is not exactly opening up holes with their blocking....why not do a fake hand off and throw a short pass for the first down once in a while?....He's just too predictable for my likeing

The only thing that really worries me is the run game, which is still non existent. I liked the combo of Boothe at C and Petrus at G but even then, the snapping by Boothe made me nervous. Manning had to do some juggling here and there and we got lucky there weren't any real fumbles. I wish they would use more play action on 3rd and 4th and 1's and just get more creative there because the straight ahead bullrush isn't working.

[quote user="JacksGiant76"]The only thing that really worries me is the run game, which is still non existent. I liked the combo of Boothe at C and Petrus at G but even then, the snapping by Boothe made me nervous. Manning had to do some juggling here and there and we got lucky there weren't any real fumbles. I wish they would use more play action on 3rd and 4th and 1's and just get more creative there because the straight ahead bullrush isn't working.
    [/quote]

+1

Veteran

we havent played a full 60? You do realize the other guys get paid too right Are we better then the boys - yes - but we won 31-14 and the cowboys were bound to show some fight and they did in the third. The main problem was running in short yardage but you do realize the giants did in fact throw on 3rd and short several times INCLUDING Cruz's td. That said on 3rd and 1 you gotte ba able to get a yard on the ground too - thats not on gilbride. I think they'd rather have boothe and petrus to but there is no way in hell coughlin will trust boothe with snaps if he doesnt have too. Baas did a nice job on Ratliff but Petrus seems like a road grader in the run game but still a little confused on pass protection.

[quote user="dave56dj"]we havent played a full 60? You do realize the other guys get paid too right Are we better then the boys - yes - but we won 31-14 and the cowboys were bound to show some fight and they did in the third. The main problem was running in short yardage but you do realize the giants did in fact throw on 3rd and short several times INCLUDING Cruz's td. That said on 3rd and 1 you gotte ba able to get a yard on the ground too - thats not on gilbride. I think they'd rather have boothe and petrus to but there is no way in hell coughlin will trust boothe with snaps if he doesnt have too. Baas did a nice job on Ratliff but Petrus seems like a road grader in the run game but still a little confused on pass protection.[/quote]

Opps, my bad.

But that leads me to another thought...did the Cowboys not get paid for the first half?

my beer drinking team has a football problem

[quote user="dave56dj"]we havent played a full 60? You do realize the other guys get paid too right Are we better then the boys - yes - but we won 31-14 and the cowboys were bound to show some fight and they did in the third. The main problem was running in short yardage but you do realize the giants did in fact throw on 3rd and short several times INCLUDING Cruz's td. That said on 3rd and 1 you gotte ba able to get a yard on the ground too - thats not on gilbride. I think they'd rather have boothe and petrus to but there is no way in hell coughlin will trust boothe with snaps if he doesnt have too. Baas did a nice job on Ratliff but Petrus seems like a road grader in the run game but still a little confused on pass protection.[/quote]

You make a very good point...i guess it's better to live with Baas then to risk a turnover with Boothe's shaky snaps....also we should be able to run for 1 yrd on 3rd and 1...maybe Bradshaw would be the better choice for short yardage gains?