+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Didnt quite know where to put this thread.. Today is 9/11

All-Pro

Didnt quite know where to put this thread.. Today is 9/11

Its not sports related but it effected EVERYTHING we know in our COUNTRY that day...

Watching the events as they happened now on TV and its just as SICKENING as it was when I watched it 12 years ago.

My thoughts and prayers go out to every Family that had Loved ones lost in that horrific Event.

Also to all the Firefighters, Police, EMTs, Paramedics, ETC that were on the scene that lost their lives ... Thank you..

To the ones that were there that saw their fellow co workers die in front of them and to the ones who still have long lasting problems from what happened that day my Prayers go out to you as well and Thank you for going in without even thinking to try and save whoever you could without thinking of your own life...

We as a Nation need to pray that nothing like this EVER happens again...

MODS feel free to move this Thread where it needs to go. Thanks

***Edit***... Didn't see another Thread on it either. If there is one you can combine them or delete this one.***
    Last edited by miked1958; 09-11-2013 at 09:20 AM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Can't believe it's been 12 years . . . the memories of that day are still so vivid.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Can't believe it's been 12 years . . . the memories of that day are still so vivid.
    I know. And I didn't even realize it till last night late when I checked my planner for my appts today. Crazy re watching it... un real what people went through that day... And I Forgot to mention above one of the more important aspects of that day. To thank the families of the Victims on the Plane that overtook the Terrorists and Crashed that plane in that PA field before they could drive it into the Capitol, Empire State or Statue of Liberty.... SUCH HEROS all of them

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro
    also really didn't know where to put this or if I should have posted on it at all in a Giants Sports MB... However I don't think its in the right Forum as its not even getting hardly any views for something of this much importance

4-New York Giants!!!!!

I don't get why stuff like this can't be posted. "Entertainment" should be called "general interest" or something.

RIP to those who passed away.

Getting into the city was tough this morning. Tons of traffic around the whitehall area.

Tons of cops and firemen though, I saluted them.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Its not sports related but it effected EVERYTHING we know in our COUNTRY that day...

Watching the events as they happened now on TV and its just as SICKENING as it was when I watched it 12 years ago.

My thoughts and prayers go out to every Family that had Loved ones lost in that horrific Event.

Also to all the Firefighters, Police, EMTs, Paramedics, ETC that were on the scene that lost their lives ... Thank you..

To the ones that were there that saw their fellow co workers die in front of them and to the ones who still have long lasting problems from what happened that day my Prayers go out to you as well and Thank you for going in without even thinking to try and save whoever you could without thinking of your own life...

We as a Nation need to pray that nothing like this EVER happens again...
    Amen to everything brother...

salute.

7 months after, I enlisted US Army....

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    salute.

7 months after, I enlisted US Army....
    Thank you for your SERVICE SIR!!! My nephew became a Marine and served 9 years with 5 Tours overseas split between Iraq an Afgan...

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Thank you for your SERVICE SIR!!! My nephew became a Marine and served 9 years with 5 Tours overseas split between Iraq an Afgan...
    GOD bless him !!!

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread