+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The plan to beat the Falcons...it is fairly simple

...We need to stop the run...Michael Turner is a beast and is getting hot at seasons end. Our run defense is not very good! If we can shut the run game down our offense can tear up their secondary. If John Abraham wasn't on the Dline for the Falcons I would say we have nothing to worry about with their pass-rush, but he is one defender. Our Oline should handle the Falcon Dline.

Matt Ryan is an accurate short to moderate passer which means Fewell cannot play his rush 3 defense with soft secondary coverage or he will dink and dunk his way to a win...or at least a shootout.

I definately think we can win this game and move on to Greenbay and win. I believe we get GB if NO beats Detroit which I expect them to do. If Detroit wins then we go to SF...I do believe if the Giants play like they have the last two games (except when Fewell still tried his rush 3 D) they can beat GB and SF but will have problems with NO no matter what.

There is potential here

Re: The plan to beat the Falcons...it is fairly simple

Their WRs scare me a lot. But a lot less than if we faced Detroit, glad we're playing the Falcons at OUR HOUSE. Matt Ryan doesn't lose at home.

[quote user="hungrrrry"]...We need to stop the run...Michael Turner is a beast and is getting hot at seasons end. Our run defense is not very good! If we can shut the run game down our offense can tear up their secondary. If John Abraham wasn't on the Dline for the Falcons I would say we have nothing to worry about with their pass-rush, but he is one defender. Our Oline should handle the Falcon Dline.

Matt Ryan is an accurate short to moderate passer which means Fewell cannot play his rush 3 defense with soft secondary coverage or he will dink and dunk his way to a win...or at least a shootout.

I definately think we can win this game and move on to Greenbay and win. I believe we get GB if NO beats Detroit which I expect them to do. If Detroit wins then we go to SF...I do believe if the Giants play like they have the last two games (except when Fewell still tried his rush 3 D) they can beat GB and SF but will have problems with NO no matter what.

There is potential here[/quote]

Matt Ryan has 2 superstar receivers and a top flight TE that he utilizes to GO ALONG with Turner

Do not sleep on their offense
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

i think people will overlook one HUGE aspect in our favor, the falcons LOVE to run 7 step drops for their pass plays.

u try and do 5 and 7 step drop backs vs our DL, and u might as well not even bother throwing it.

their wr's and te won't be able to catch anything if ryan is sacked and pressured/hurried all game. to me, thats the one key that tips the scales in our favor.

Veteran

Their wideoutes - especially Jones (of course white too) can get deep on you fast - and they are both big boys. The best way to keep them from getting deep - PRESSURE and it looks like we are finally seeing JPP OSI and TUCK al at their best right now so theres a good chance there. Make no mistake Julio Jones is a beast and its gonna be interesting to see who webby gets - the vet white or the youngster jones - wither way ross will struggle with the other but hopefully can cover enough for the front to get home. Remember that Cowboys Oline was beat up - not so much in ATlanta.

Unlike the cowboys the Falcons are a power run team - you have to utilize your space eaters. Linval Boley Bernard Canty and Chase are gonna have to lay some wood to stop the attack.

Boley also has to do a good job keeping the best TE of all time, albeit a little, and i do mean a little slower then he once was. He played nicely againsgt whitten so i think we have a shot there too.

AS usual the giant d is based on one thing - GETTING HOME

Veteran

Our running defense definitely improved last night. Kiwi in particular made some excellent plays. *However, our tackling was still fairly poor. We could have held the Cowboys back a lot more had we made some key tackles when we should have. Our guys have got to wrap the opponents up.

[quote user="hungrrrry"]...We need to stop the run...Michael Turner is a beast and is getting hot at seasons end. Our run defense is not very good! If we can shut the run game down our offense can tear up their secondary. If John Abraham wasn't on the Dline for the Falcons I would say we have nothing to worry about with their pass-rush, but he is one defender. Our Oline should handle the Falcon Dline.

There is potential here[/quote]

THEY ALSO RUN OVER 60% NO HUDDLE SO FEWELL BETTER HAVE THEM PREPARED.

Veteran

[quote user="giantsfan420"]i think people will overlook one HUGE aspect in our favor, the falcons LOVE to run 7 step drops for their pass plays.

u try and do 5 and 7 step drop backs vs our DL, and u might as well not even bother throwing it.

their wr's and te won't be able to catch anything if ryan is sacked and pressured/hurried all game. to me, thats the one key that tips the scales in our favor.[/quote]

Great point. They do a lot of play actions too, which can easily result in a lot of sacks.

All-Pro

They are so much more than just a good RB. They have 2 very good WR's, one of the best TE's to ever play the game, a very good RB, and a very good QB.

The defense will have their hands full. The Giants offense needs to score lots of points.

Veteran

[quote user="buddy33"]They are so much more than just a good RB. They have 2 very good WR's, one of the best TE's to ever play the game, a very good RB, and a very good QB.

The defense will have their hands full. The Giants offense needs to score lots of points.[/quote]

Similar to the Cowboys.