+ Reply to Thread

Harooni... See why you don't watch the play clock??

Osi getting flagged for encroachment because he tried to watch the play clock (I think, he might have jumped at the Left Guard). But Romo was trying to take a timeout.

Veteran

Re: Harooni... See why you don't watch the play clock??

Osi did seem to be playing the clock as he usually does to get a great start on the speed rush - however the guard came up and looked back at romo - not really a false start as he didnt rock or flinch he just came up to get a call - but I think OSI saw that and went - it went from 2nd and 15 to 2nd and 10 - I'll let it go CONSIDERING WE WON THE EAST - AND OSI HAD 2 SACKS.

on a slightly related topic, its funny how eli gets killed for his "consistent" delay of game penalties.

i can remember 3 maybe 4 all year.
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

im split.

I'm not sure if that was the case or if Osi got triggered by the left guard who made a sharp turn to look behind him to see what Romo was doing.

You absolutely have to jump the clock if u can.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

you shouldn't be looking at the clock.

For one thing refs let the clock hang at 0 for a whole beat before they blow the whistle so going on the clock could very well get you penalized.

Also in a cituation where the QB is trying to call a time out like last night, you put the ref in a situation where he can just call you offisde.

Leave as little to the refs a possible.

Watching the ball works every time. You never can go wrong.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.