+ Reply to Thread

Giants' Q&A: Rueben Randle Wants To "Make Plays" When Teams Focus On Cruz and Nicks

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...eem_nicks.html

"Much is made about the Broncos receivers coming into today's game at the Giants, or how the Falcons are blessed with an outstanding young corps of receivers. But one of the silver linings of the Giants' Week 1 loss to the Cowboys was the performance of a formidable trio at Eli Manning's disposal.

Victor Cruz (five catches, 118 yards, three TDs) and Hakeem Nicks (5-114) are well known. Second-year man Rueben Randle, if he turns in another performance like last week's (5-101), soon will be.

The Star-Ledger caught up with Randle this past week:

FOUR DOWNS WITH ... WR RUEBEN RANDLE

1. What did it mean to have such a game like you did against Dallas (five catches for a career-high 101 yards) on such a big stage?

"Everybody was excited for me. I got a lot of text messages. I had a lot of family there. I'm from close to Dallas (Bastrop, La.) and I have a lot of family in Texas. It was a great feeling to have that type of game in front of my family and friends."

2. After all the hard work you put in this offseason, how satisfying was it to get off to such a good start?

"It felt good. I put in a lot of work this offseason to try to get better as a player and try to help the team out as much as possible. To see it all come together in Week 1 is very exciting. I just have to continue to build. This is only Week 1. We have 16 more weeks. I can't live off what happened in Week 1."

3. When Hakeem Nicks gets double-teamed and you get single coverage, do your eyes light up?

“Definitely. In the offense, whenever there’s single coverage, Eli (Manning) looks to the single receiver side. He (Nicks) is going to attract that attention and it's going to leave the third receiver in single coverage. You have to take advantage of that and continue to make plays at that position."

4. What do you think you learned from last season that has helped you this season?

“I just understand the offense now, the whole concept of everything. That lets me go out there and play a lot faster. The offseason also helped just going out there running all the plays and running all the routes in the different positions and getting the trust of the coaches. I’m just looking to build on those performances.”
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

yeah....he is great to have on the field...

looking forward to seeing him break out this season
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    yeah....he is great to have on the field...

looking forward to seeing him break out this season
    Teams are going to have problems dealing with all three
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1