+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How close did Bradshaw come to losing that ball for a touchback?

After seeing it twice, I was relieved to see the XP try. There was no reason to do that. It could have been tragic as far as the game goes..

Re: How close did Bradshaw come to losing that ball for a touchback?

He clearly breached the white line... but I agree.... risky move.

That one was frustrating, It could've costed the Giants the game.

I'm telling you that was very close. Watching the replay it looked like he started to lose it as he crossed the plane. All during the commercial break my stomach was churning that it would get overturned. The way our luck has been with calls like that this year, it wouldn't have surprised me. I was relieved when they kicked that extra point!

I WAS SHOCKED THAT THEY DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT IT UPSTAIRS!

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]I WAS SHOCKED THAT THEY DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT IT UPSTAIRS!
    [/quote]

Why? There was nothing to contest. He gained possesion of the ball well before crossing the goal line (theCalvin Johnson rule only applies when making a catch), andthe ball crossed the goal line while he had possesion. There wasn't anything even remotely close to overturnthe play on.

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]I WAS SHOCKED THAT THEY DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT IT UPSTAIRS!
    [/quote]

Well they review all scoring plays so they must have. It was really close, I think he was losing it as he crossed the plane but they must have thought otherwise. Thank God.

[quote user="Husky"]After seeing it twice, I was relieved to see the XP try.* There was no reason to do that.* It could have been tragic as far as the game goes..
    [/quote]

I don't mind the spin & spike after he rushes on in untouched but with the pass catching got the hold the ball for forever rule unless you're Green Bay I hope TC tells him forget the spike in the end zone on passing TD's.

All-Pro

very very close, i was like nooooo ... talk about a game of inches

Veteran

jacobs and bradshaw have to slow the the emotions down a bit... they get over hyped..that was close, i was worried it would be a touchback..