+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Defense Is Horrible

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Check the TOP before telling us how tired the defense was. Again, the offense bears this loss because they played like crap, can't run the ball and tuned the ball over often. It it's not a binary equation. The defense had a god half, not a good game. The offense sucking doesn't somehow make the defense good.
    You can't put the defense in a vacuum like that. You have to take into account the poor offensive production and time of possession in the second half. If the O can put it in the endzone a time or 2 it would help the defense a bit. Don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Sorry but Paysinger is awful. He was pathetic on the end around.
    Yep. This is what I was thinking the whole game. Seemed like alot of the big runs and the punt return were his fault. Lb is obviously the weak spot on d. Offensively, it's bad run blocking and too manyFGs in the red zone

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    You can't put the defense in a vacuum like that. You have to take into account the poor offensive production and time of possession in the second half. If the O can put it in the endzone a time or 2 it would help the defense a bit. Don't you think?

Of course, without question. But I just can not accept that it's a binary equation, nothing is that simple or - as you say - exists in a vacuum. The offense sucks therefore the defense is good or blameless; neither is true in my book. To me it's not only possible, but probable that they could both suck. The defense played good enough to keep the game close if the offense played much better, but they were not good. The game wasn't close because the offense sucked so much that they couldn't keep it close. I saw it this way. Denver defense was better than the Giant defense, Denver offense was much, much better than the Giant offense. I honestly saw the game shaping up to be a close loss. The way I saw it evolving was that I didn't believe - even if the Giant offense was playing well - that they'd win. Once Denver got it's offensive momentum going (and no, that wasn't caused by the offense making the Giant defensive exhausted, Denver has a really good offense, that's all) they were going to score. I did not believe the Giants offense would keep up. I thought they'd show up and keep it close but they'd fall short for two reasons. The Denver offense is better than the Giant offense and the Denver defense is better than the Giant defense.

If we're discussing degrees of blame, there's no discussion.......it's absolutely on the offense.

Think there's a big difference between blaming the defense and thinking they're good. They can't be blamed for this loss, the offense played much further below expectations than the defense did.

That doesn't make the defense good.
    +1. Seems to be the point that the majority of people are missing right now.

A poor game all around against a better team. The Giants were outperformed in 4 phases: coaching, special teams, offense and defense.

No one is exempt; anyone who says differently has an agenda and isn't worth listening to.
    totally agree.

I loved the tv shot from behind returner highlighting how many unexcuseable missed tackles were attempted . I wish somebody could post
    picture of the three GIANTS frozen against one blocker as the returner blows by on right..

Well, I'm sure glad I drafted Josh Brown in FF.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Vreeland_Hill View Post
    Defense wins championships, but when a D is this bad, you win a high spot in the NFL Draft.
    Simply put ...
    Our D is horrible.
    I respect your opinion, but please explain more...how do you think the 2 losses so far are on the defense?

I know there was little or no pass rush, and our Lbs are not good. But the game is outscoring the opponent, and the big problems were offense or special teams. The defense played decent IMHO.

+ Reply to Thread