+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

J-Balls and Herzy will give it a go this week

Jake Ballard and Mark Herzlich WILL participate on a limited basis in practice tomorrow, which is a huge step towards playing this Sunday.

Getting Ballard back is more improtant, but Herzlich back cant hurt either for STs. Blackburn is our starter now.

All-Pro

Re: J-Balls and Herzy will give it a go this week

Remember early in the year when everyone hated Reese for not over paying for Boss?

Well now this team actually misses their FA TE. I hope he can play because say what you want about his speed, he is always open. If he just has an ability to get open or teams leave him wide open, he gets open.

[quote user="buddy33"]Remember early in the year when everyone hated Reese for not over paying for Boss?

Well now this team actually misses their FA TE. I hope he can play because say what you want about his speed, he is always open. If he just has an ability to get open or teams leave him wide open, he gets open.[/quote]

Hindsight is always 20/20

But in all seriousness, I would like Ballard to be our TE for a while.

All-Pro

Just saying, Reese played this great. I mean they didn't have the money to sign people anyway, but he stayed put with Osi and let guys go that wanted to much.

All-Pro

good news, hope they both come thru OK and can get thru one full practice before the game ... especially Jake

I think the way our offense is, we can make TE work without top-tier talent.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

All-Pro

[quote user="buddy33"]Remember early in the year when everyone hated Reese for not over paying for Boss? Well now this team actually misses their FA TE. I hope he can play because say what you want about his speed, he is always open. If he just has an ability to get open or teams leave him wide open, he gets open.[/quote]

Boss is still better then J-Balls, but Jake is the best TE we have. In fact, he is the only true TE we have. So he is wanted by the mere fact he is the only TE we have. Beckum? Come on... Bear? Nah.. Ballard is the only option really.

All-Pro

[quote user="buddy33"]Just saying, Reese played this great. I mean they didn't have the money to sign people anyway, but he stayed put with Osi and let guys go that wanted to much.[/quote]

Not sure about that. Too me, it looks like he pissed all that money he saved away signing Baas. Boothe is better then Baas. Put Petrus back at LG. Baas can not run block. He stands DTs up but cant push them. But at least he can snap where Boothe can not.

All-Pro

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="buddy33"]Remember early in the year when everyone hated Reese for not over paying for Boss? Well now this team actually misses their FA TE. I hope he can play because say what you want about his speed, he is always open. If he just has an ability to get open or teams leave him wide open, he gets open.[/quote]

Boss is still better then J-Balls, but Jake is the best TE we have. In fact, he is the only true TE we have. So he is wanted by the mere fact he is the only TE we have. Beckum? Come on... Bear? Nah.. Ballard is the only option really.

[/quote]

The numbers Ballard has put up are similar to the ones Boss put up last year and for much less money.

By the way, I like Boss, but I don't know how much longer he will last in the NFL. Did you see the hit he took again yesterday?

All-Pro

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="buddy33"]Just saying, Reese played this great. I mean they didn't have the money to sign people anyway, but he stayed put with Osi and let guys go that wanted to much.[/quote]

Not sure about that. Too me, it looks like he pissed all that money he saved away signing Baas. Boothe is better then Baas. Put Petrus back at LG. Baas can not run block. He stands DTs up but cant push them. But at least he can snap where Boothe can not.

[/quote]

Yeah I think he paid to much for Bass, but they are a passing team even I wish they would run more. So for that he is good at his job.