+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

If I'm nitpicking I CANNOT STAND the conservative play calling in the 2nd half

Running the ball just to run the clock out was making me nuts... 1 yard gain, 2 yard loss, 1 yard gain, 3 yard loss, 2 yard gain.... kills momentum & drives letting Dallas back into the game.

KG drives me nuts....
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Re: If I'm nitpicking I CANNOT STAND the conservative play calling in the 2nd half

That isn't playcalling. That's execution.

Had those been 4-7 yard runs each time you'd be talking about how brilliant KG was for running the ball and keeping the ball out of Romo's hands.

Re: If I'm nitpicking I CANNOT STAND the conservative play calling in the 2nd half

What Drez said.

I just can't fathom why we can't convert short downs.

Everyone knew the run to BJ was coming, why not run play action there? And the draws, don't get me started. Start running PA out of the shotgun.

Yea I would have to agree. We did come out a sluggish in the second half. Once we found our rhythm everything seemed to go a lot smoother. For me I felt we should have been agressive from the start of the second half, could have stomped them out alot sooner. But other than that im satisfied in how the giants played.

Nope I wanted to stick with what was working & Eli was picking them apart.

I'm not saying stop running but stop being so damn predictable.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

All-Pro

well remember vs. the Jets we threw it with a lead and everybody went crazy when the ball was dropped into the hands of the Jets for an INT

how bout the players block it, catch it, run it and throw it better in those situations ... all about execution

[quote user="scf424"]What Drez said. I just can't fathom why we can't convert short downs. Everyone knew the run to BJ was coming, why not run play action there? And the draws, don't get me started. Start running PA out of the shotgun.[/quote]

That is one of things I can get on KG about. He should really call more PA in those spots where everyone knows we're going to run, and we should PA out of shotgun a little more, just so the defense can't sell out on the draw every time.

All in all, though, those are pretty minor things.

I think the KG hate here was just gotten to the point where if every play doesn't gain 20 yards then KG is an incompetent moron.

I suppose the only major complaint I have with KG is in the redzone. I don't know if it's play design or playcalling (or some combination of both), but that's the only area where I think he needs serious improvement.

[quote user="G-Man67"]well remember vs. the Jets we threw it with a lead and everybody went crazy when the ball was dropped into the hands of the Jets for an INT

how bout the players block it, catch it, run it and throw it better in those situations ... all about execution[/quote]

THANK YOU!

[quote user="G-Man67"]well remember vs. the Jets we threw it with a lead and everybody went crazy when the ball was dropped into the hands of the Jets for an INT

how bout the players block it, catch it, run it and throw it better in those situations ... all about execution[/quote]

And the funny thing about people getting on KG about that is that it was an audible by Eli. KG called a run. Eli saw 8 or 9 in the box and aubibled to a quick slant which Nicks let bounce off his hands for a pick. Good call on the audible on Eli's part. Good throw. Nicks just has to catch that ball for a 7 or 8 yard gain.

[quote user="Drez"]

That isn't playcalling. That's execution.

Had those been 4-7 yard runs each time you'd be talking about how brilliant KG was for running the ball and keeping the ball out of Romo's hands.

[/quote]The answer is right here folks.