+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Back to the NFC Least??

I hate to admit it, but I think the boys are taking the division this year. I watched the Dallas-Denver game, had Romo not choked....you know the rest.

He did look good last Sunday and if he keeps playing like that, they would be a contender for the season.

...but Romo DID choke.
    Let's see what Dallas does against Washington and Philly in their next 2 games. If they win them both, then they will probably win the division.
    I guess we can now OFFICIALLY consider the Giants finished - unless they could somehow go 8-2 to finish at 8-8 - but that doesn't look like it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    ...but Romo DID choke.
    Let's see what Dallas does against Washington and Philly in their next 2 games. If they win them both, then they will probably win the division.
    I guess we can now OFFICIALLY consider the Giants finished - unless they could somehow go 8-2 to finish at 8-8 - but that doesn't look like it will happen.
    That would be the WORST possible scenario for the Giants. 8-8 prob doesn't get you in the playoffs. and if it did theyd be a ONE and DONE. they as usual they would get all mid level draft picks. that has been how it has been in most of the last 10 seasons. with the 07, 08 and 11 seasons making them draft toward the back last few picks of each round. The best case is for them to keep losing. and get into the TOP 10 on draft day. I was upset last night when that final drive ended in that pick cause I got caught up in the moment of a possible 28-27 come back win. After I calmed down I realized that it was the best thing that could of happened.. 1 win would not have sent this team on some magical run. To many holes and guys hurt.. they are going no where and as I said once a few minutes went by I realized that the best thing for them is to keep losing.. I don't see that as being a problem. they have 23 turnovers to only 7 for the teams they have played so far. That trend continues they will not win one game.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    ...but Romo DID choke.
    His lineman tripped him as he was throwing... That throw isn't all on him.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    That would be the WORST possible scenario for the Giants. 8-8 prob doesn't get you in the playoffs. and if it did theyd be a ONE and DONE. they as usual they would get all mid level draft picks. that has been how it has been in most of the last 10 seasons. with the 07, 08 and 11 seasons making them draft toward the back last few picks of each round. The best case is for them to keep losing. and get into the TOP 10 on draft day. I was upset last night when that final drive ended in that pick cause I got caught up in the moment of a possible 28-27 come back win. After I calmed down I realized that it was the best thing that could of happened.. 1 win would not have sent this team on some magical run. To many holes and guys hurt.. they are going no where and as I said once a few minutes went by I realized that the best thing for them is to keep losing.. I don't see that as being a problem. they have 23 turnovers to only 7 for the teams they have played so far. That trend continues they will not win one game.
    Should the Giants take a QB in the draft?

Giants should take everything in the draft lol.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    His lineman tripped him as he was throwing... That throw isn't all on him.
    That ball still gets picked even if he didn't trip for all anyone knows

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
    That ball still gets picked even if he didn't trip for all anyone knows

Maybe.

Three things happened on that play that led to the interception.

1st: It was a fantastic play by Travathon. An incredibly gutsy, athletic play.

2nd: Escobar beat Travathon, but allowed him back in the play by taking his route up field rather than flattening out his route and keeping Travathon behind him.

3rd: Romo didn't have the footing (as we've established) and was getting pressure up the middle... he just didn't get anything on the pass. If he gets more on the pass it's probably out of Trevathan's reach.

+ Reply to Thread