+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

Hello Giant fans! Good luck next Sunday.

I'm a regular poster on the Atlanta Falcons message board, and even though I was crossing my fingers that we would get Dallas over you guys, I'm excited for a good hard fought game. Your defensive ends will certainly be the X-factor if you win, being that our blind side tackle (Will Svitek) hasn't been starting more than a few weeks and has struggled quite a bit. For us, it all comes down to pounding the rock with Michael Turner and getting our star wideouts open (Julio and Roddy). Tony G has also been playing lights out, so it should be interesting seeing the former Falcon LB Boley take care of him. All in all, I don't see a blowout next week, as both teams look very good on paper and poised to make an upset run in the playoffs.

Good luck G-Men, and I hope to see ya around!

Re: Hello Giant fans! Good luck next Sunday.

[quote user="monoxide"]I'm a regular poster on the Atlanta Falcons message board, and even though I was crossing my fingers that we would get Dallas over you guys, I'm excited for a good hard fought game. Your defensive ends will certainly be the X-factor if you win, being that our blind side tackle (Will Svitek) hasn't been starting more than a few weeks and has struggled quite a bit. For us, it all comes down to pounding the rock with Michael Turner and getting our star wideouts open (Julio and Roddy). Tony G has also been playing lights out, so it should be interesting seeing the former Falcon LB Boley take care of him. All in all, I don't see a blowout next week, as both teams look very good on paper and poised to make an upset run in the playoffs.

Good luck G-Men, and I hope to see ya around! [/quote]

Welcome!
    Thanks for the kind words. Quite frankly, I'm scared of your offense. It seems very balanced and not prone to the mistakes that Dallas makes. If our line doesn't play well it'll be a long day. Here's to an exciting game

All-Pro

were you hoping for Dallas b/c you didn't want to play outdoors in the cold or b/c you felt going into the game we were a stronger opponent?

Bench Player

a little bit of both. We are known to be an indoor team, and it would certainly help us to travel to Arlington in terms of the environment. With that said, you can't double team both Nicks and Cruz. Grimes is a pro bowl corner on one side, but Dunta Robinson has been extremely inconsistent and it scares me when he attempts to go for an interception but whiffs and it turns into a 50 yard gain. Also, I never thought I'd ever say this when it comes to your division, but I would feel safer going against Ware then JPP. I think all around, the Giants are flat out better than the Cowboys, and it has showed the last few games.

I was actually hoping to play the Lions but welcome.

Your WRs scare the crap out of me, I think Webster is gonna have his hands full with Rowdy Roddy, but itll be a close battle. Hopefully our LBs keep up their tight coverage on the TEs, but Gonzo is arguably the best TE ever.

The scariest thing is when I think about Aaron Ross covering Julio Jones, that thought makes me wanna curl up in the fetal position and rock back in forth in the corner telling myself everything is gonna be alright
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Bench Player

[quote user="Kase-1"]I was actually hoping to play the Lions but welcome.

Your WRs scare the crap out of me, I think Webster is gonna have his hands full with Rowdy Roddy, but itll be a close battle.* Hopefully our LBs keep up their tight coverage on the TEs, but Gonzo is arguably the best TE ever.

The scariest thing is when I think about Aaron Ross covering Julio Jones, that thought makes me wanna curl up in the fetal position and rock back in forth in the corner telling myself everything is gonna be alright
    [/quote]
    Julio has been great for us this year, I'm glad we were able to get him even with all we traded. With his size and strength to be able to run a 4.3 40 while also being a great run blocker is definitely a great thing. How has Prince Amakamura(sp) been this year? I knew he got injured, but haven't heard much about his recovery.

[quote user="monoxide"][quote user="Kase-1"]I was actually hoping to play the Lions but welcome.

Your WRs scare the crap out of me, I think Webster is gonna have his hands full with Rowdy Roddy, but itll be a close battle. Hopefully our LBs keep up their tight coverage on the TEs, but Gonzo is arguably the best TE ever.

[/quote]
    Julio has been great for us this year, I'm glad we were able to get him even with all we traded. With his size and strength to be able to run a 4.3 40 while also being a great run blocker is definitely a great thing. How has Prince Amakamura(sp) been this year? I knew he got injured, but haven't heard much about his recovery.[/quote]

To put it mildly, he isn't ready yet. I don't recall seeing him at all on Sunday

Veteran

[quote user="monoxide"]I'm a regular poster on the Atlanta Falcons message board, and even though I was crossing my fingers that we would get Dallas over you guys, I'm excited for a good hard fought game. Your defensive ends will certainly be the X-factor if you win, being that our blind side tackle (Will Svitek) hasn't been starting more than a few weeks and has struggled quite a bit. For us, it all comes down to pounding the rock with Michael Turner and getting our star wideouts open (Julio and Roddy). Tony G has also been playing lights out, so it should be interesting seeing the former Falcon LB Boley take care of him. All in all, I don't see a blowout next week, as both teams look very good on paper and poised to make an upset run in the playoffs.

Good luck G-Men, and I hope to see ya around! [/quote]

Here's to a good game with no major injuries and no bad calls for either team. :-)

[quote user="monoxide"][quote user="Kase-1"]I was actually hoping to play the Lions but welcome.

[/quote]
    Julio has been great for us this year, I'm glad we were able to get him even with all we traded. With his size and strength to be able to run a 4.3 40 while also being a great run blocker is definitely a great thing. How has Prince Amakamura(sp) been this year? I knew he got injured, but haven't heard much about his recovery.[/quote]You guys def did give up the farm, but so far it's been worth it. I had no idea he was a good run blocker, from the highlights he looks like Santonio Holmes in his prime, he's gonna have a good and long career ahead of him

Prince missed all of training camp, preseason, and almost all of the regular season so what he needs most is more time on the field.
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

darn it! I was hoping a Falcons fan would post something ****y in the Smack Talk Central Forum. It's actually been turning out pretty well if anyone noticed... quite hilarious...