+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Has a 9-7 team ever won the Superbowl? Answer?

No, through the 2010 NFL season, no team has ever gone 9-7 during the regular season, and went on to win the Super Bowl title.

There have been a few teams that have gone 10-6 during the regular season, and won the Super Bowl title, such as the 2007 New York Giants and 2010 Green Bay Packers.

In addition, there have been a few teams that have gone 9-7 during the regular season, and won the Conference Championship Game, such as the 1979 LA Rams and 2008 Arizona Cardinals.

However, no 9-7 team has ever won the Super Bowl.

PS:
    An old saying goes something like this ....
    There's a 1st time for everything right?

All-Pro

Re: Has a 9-7 team ever won the Superbowl? Answer?

Well, no one ever threw for more then 14 4th quarter tds until this season. No one has ever thrown more then 5100 yards till this year. Why not? Getting hot at the right time. That's all that matters.

[quote user="jakegibbs"]No, through the 2010 NFL season, no team has ever gone 9-7 during the regular season, and went on to win the Super Bowl title.

There have been a few teams that have gone 10-6 during the regular season, and won the Super Bowl title, such as the 2007 New York Giants and 2010 Green Bay Packers.

In addition, there have been a few teams that have gone 9-7 during the regular season, and won the Conference Championship Game, such as the 1979 LA Rams and 2008 Arizona Cardinals.

PS:
    There's a 1st time for everything right?[/quote]

lets hope

I believe that cards team in 08-09 was 9-7...they were about 2 inches away from winning it, but other than that i dont think so.

that cards team was also very flawed, but got hot at the right time....we'd have beaten them if we could have beaten philly, but that's another story for another thread....

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="jakegibbs"]No, through the 2010 NFL season, no team has ever gone 9-7 during the regular season, and went on to win the Super Bowl title.

PS:
    There's a 1st time for everything right?[/quote]

lets hope[/quote]

Hey it's like the 1980 USA Olympic Hockey Team right? DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRICALS???? HMMM......

[quote user="TuckYou"]Well, no one ever threw for more then 14 4th quarter tds until this season. [/quote]

Yeah well the guy who reached 14 first did it in 12 games.

I suppose it's possible for a 7-9 team to win the Super Bowl too but I won't hold my breath.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

1979 Rams? Wasn't that the Ferragamo team? They were a breath away from winning that game, and so were the Cards.

I think the team has shown enough 4th quarter heroics to win the Giants Stadium game. Everything after that is unsure, Green Bay and New Orleans are very tough at home, the Saints especially so.

San Francisco is less intimidating. They're good, but the Giants have shown they can win the close games and serve up an *** whipping in that building.

I don't think so, but we were in a worse place in '07-'08 even with one less loss as we were the last seed and had to play all our playoff games on the road. And just like then, the possibility of facing an offensive juggernaut and pass-happy, yard accumulating QB may be on the horizon. Our defense contained the best passer in the league of an undefeated team in The Big Game. There's no reason we can't do it again with aggressive defensive schemes. superb playcalling, attacking the football, forcing turnovers and making his life a living hell

Bench Player

I think we can do it. I don't see any reason why we can't. If the guys in the locker have the belief and we give more of those 1st half performances like we did yesterday then I don't see why not.

We obviously aren't the best outfit. But nobody will want to face us.

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="TuckYou"]Well, no one ever threw for more then 14 4th quarter tds until this season. [/quote]

Yeah well the guy who reached 14 first did it in 12 games.

I suppose it's possible for a 7-9 team to win the Super Bowl too but I won't hold my breath.
    [/quote]

I grow fatigued at your "non payed for" image on your post!
    "There is winning and there is Misery"