+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can We Hire Buddy Ryan To Punch Gilbride Whenever He Calls For A Dumb Play?

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    why would u do such a mean thing?!
    such horrible people on here!!11111

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Not that I dont agree but he is rather boxed in when your Oline is so awful that u cant punch the ball in through the A gaps from 5 yards out on 3 plays it makes everything else a lot more difficult. My favorite plays down by the goal line are play action passes to TE's ., H-backs, or FB's. U can have them engage release to the back of the end zone and get left wide open but are running game is so bad we canrt get away with those plays
    +1...Our Oline is very soft....Eli is terrible partly because of the Oline and partly because our run game is bad which is a result of the Oline being terribly soft..Bunch of softies...

The D-line is equally as bad with the exception of Joseph and Tuck whom occassionally show penetration and or ability to shed and dive into tackles..

This team is loosing terribly in the trenches which is puzzling because we drafted Pugh #1, sacrificed on our roster to keep depth on the D-line, had Baas back....Looks to me that Snee is getting manhandled, Baas is doing alot of standing around, and Boothe is too slow...Beatty and Pugh have been great

Due to Kevin Gilbride, I will never like the phrase "shotgun draw", ever.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    The red zone play calling from Gilbride is atrocious...absolutely atrocious as well as the execution from the players. It's so painful to watch us operate inside the 20.

I was listening to Ryan Ruocco and Stephen A. Smith on ESPN Radio today and Ruocco or the guest brought up Gilbride's shotgun draw and how dumb it is. It has become quite infamous.
    Too bad Slipknottin wasn't available to call in and give him his stats for the play and explain that we are the best in the league at it. Stephen A.'s reaction to that nonsense would have been good.

I've been wondering about comments made about Eli not being able to play or be effective in a short passing game (my words). It's been mentioned several times now by different members. I've always thought a pass was a pass, long, short, or whatever. Obviously that's over simplistic, but if that is really possible, the red zone is nothing if it's not "short": in terms of geography. So, if it is a reality that Eli isn't a good short yardage passer, doesn't that include the red zone?.

Before anyone gets wound up, it's just a question. I recognize there are other issues with the Oline and running backs. But, again, if there is any validity to that suggestion could the play calling take that into account?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    It's not ALL on KG. Execution has been terrible as well. If it weren't for multiple penalties on the goal line, Jacobs doesn't punch in that TD.

But in the red-zone I do think KG is a huge part of the problem.
    If the pentalies hadn't occurred, we would have scored.

Quote Originally Posted by imstilripped View Post
    Too bad Slipknottin wasn't available to call in and give him his stats for the play and explain that we are the best in the league at it. Stephen A.'s reaction to that nonsense would have been good.
    As much as I don't like KG, Screamin' A Smith has no business talking football with anybody.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

+ Reply to Thread