+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFC East Thread

The NFC East Thread

Hello. I'm an Eagles fan from Pennsylvania. I'm hoping that we can talk about the NFC East here.
    I hope that, along with all of the Giants fans, that there are Cowboys fans, Redskins fans and other Eagles fans here.

So far, the division is horrible. I don't remember it ever being this bad before.
    The Eagles offense is truly amazing. It has been said that the ONLY thing that can stop the Eagles offense is the Eagles defense.
    The Giants and the Redskins are winless and the Cowboys haven't been impressive either.
    The winner of the division MIGHT go 8-8.

The Eagles play the Andy Reid Chiefs tonight.

The NFCE is certainly the bottom of the conference at the moment.

I just chalk it up to transition, honestly... except for the Redskins. They should be on the rise, but they invested far too much into securing their QB of the future who may not actually pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    The NFCE is certainly the bottom of the conference at the moment.

I just chalk it up to transition, honestly... except for the Redskins. They should be on the rise, but they invested far too much into securing their QB of the future who may not actually pan out.
    Let's see what happens when Griffin gets healthy.

Am I correct that you are a Cowboys fan or are you a Giants fan from Dallas?

The Chiefs are better than people think. Not sure if they're a good matchup for the Eagles, but they have a ton of talent, and Alex Smith is making plays like nobody's business. He's like a poor man's Aaron Rodgers.

Dontari Poe was doubted heavily before the draft because of work ethic, although he had insane measurables. Well, he looks like he's playing up to his potential. Tamba Hali and Justin Houston are as good a pair of 3-4 OLBs as any. And although Dez abused Brandon Flowers last week, Flowers is still a top 5 corner back. Eric Berry took Witten out of the game for the most part last week.

And they just seem to have former 1st round talent everywhere. Dexter McCluster is a weapon X. Jamaal Charles is... well Jamaal Charles. Dwayne Bowe. The names go on.

But the biggest weapon they had was probably their punter. There must have been 4-5 times that he completely switched the filed on the Cowboys including this bad boy.

A legit 70+ yard punt that bounces dead around the 1-2 yard line. He actually had about 2 more similar to this. It kept the Cowboys out of Rhythm on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Let's see what happens when Griffin gets healthy.

Am I correct that you are a Cowboys fan or are you a Giants fan from Dallas?
    Correct assertion. Cowboys fan... also from Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    The Chiefs are better than people think. Not sure if they're a good matchup for the Eagles, but they have a ton of talent, and Alex Smith is making plays like nobody's business. He's like a poor man's Aaron Rodgers.
    Not to mention he looks a hell of a lot like Rodgers too...

Also Ryan Gosling:

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Also Ryan Gosling:
    ...so that's why my girlfriend was so upset Smith was benched for Kaep. It all makes sense now. She doesn't even like the 49ers!

This division could go any which way. But we all know this:

The Cowboys wont win a playoff game
    The Eagles wont win the Superbowl
    The Redskins wont win with RG3 all nicked up
    The Giants wont win by turning the ball over
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    This division could go any which way. But we all know this:

The Cowboys wont win a playoff game
    The Eagles wont win the Superbowl
    The Redskins wont win with RG3 all nicked up
    The Giants wont win by turning the ball over
    If the Eagles make it to the playoffs, with this defense, that will be a MAJOR accomplishment. Eagles fans would accept that this year - (and a Super Bowl next year - LOL).

I agree the NFC Least about sums up the first 2 weeks...but still 14 more games to go

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread