+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The NFC East Thread

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I thought that Chicago was good. I guess not.

At least the Eagles defense showed improvement yesterday.
    I dunno. I thought both offenses didn't do things to help themselves be successful.

Foles really wasn't pressured much, he just wasn't taking many chances. And when he did, there were drops. I also felt like the Eagles didn't use McCoy correctly.

All in all... where was the up tempo? That could have destroyed us.

The up tempo was there. They moved quickly. They just weren't moving the ball.
    Foles was horrible. His passes were off target - almost all of them. He missed a wide open Jason Avant in the end zone. His passes were behind - in front of - over the head of - at the feet of - all of the receivers.
    All in all, the offense was pathetic - but the defense played their best game of the year. If they are improving, then that bodes well for the rest of this year and next year.
    So far today, we have no idea who will be the QB against the Giants next week.

It looks like the Cowboys will win the division this year but next year they will be in cap hell.

Regarding cap hell: Probably not. This same thing happens every year.

We're projected to be 30 mil over the projected cap in 2014, however last year we were projected to be 40 mil over the cap and ended up around 15 under even with the $5 million cap penalty.

We'll probably be limited in signing free agents (Thank God), but should be able to retain the players we need to retain.

The up tempo was there. They moved quickly. They just weren't moving the ball.
    Foles was horrible. His passes were off target - almost all of them. He missed a wide open Jason Avant in the end zone. His passes were behind - in front of - over the head of - at the feet of - all of the receivers.
    All in all, the offense was pathetic - but the defense played their best game of the year. If they are improving, then that bodes well for the rest of this year and next year.
    So far today, we have no idea who will be the QB against the Giants next week.

It looks like the Cowboys will win the division this year but next year they will be in cap hell.
    The Cowboys have a good start in divisional play---3-0 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Regarding cap hell: Probably not. This same thing happens every year.

We're projected to be 30 mil over the projected cap in 2014, however last year we were projected to be 40 mil over the cap and ended up around 15 under even with the $5 million cap penalty.

We'll probably be limited in signing free agents (Thank God), but should be able to retain the players we need to retain.
    I was talking to my brother-in-law yesterday, he's a lifelong Cowboys fan. He mentioned to me that he heard(sorry no link or website) that the Cowboys could be in the market to package Murray and Miles Austin in a trade? I think he mentioned that there was talk that the Jaguars could be a team interested? I think he read it on a rumor mill type site or heard something on Sirius radio(he is a truck driver).

Have you heard any rumblings regarding trade rumors for the Cowboys? I know us Giants fans have heard some of the rumors/possibilities with Nicks.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    I was talking to my brother-in-law yesterday, he's a lifelong Cowboys fan. He mentioned to me that he heard(sorry no link or website) that the Cowboys could be in the market to package Murray and Miles Austin in a trade? I think he mentioned that there was talk that the Jaguars could be a team interested? I think he read it on a rumor mill type site or heard something on Sirius radio(he is a truck driver).

Have you heard any rumblings regarding trade rumors for the Cowboys? I know us Giants fans have heard some of the rumors/possibilities with Nicks.
    Not sure about that, really.

There has been a lot of denial in the Cowboys camp with regard to those trade rumors and it seems like an awfully aggressive move for this team.

But the Cowboys probably aren't sold on Murray being the franchise guy so he may be dispensable. I think Austin is protected more by the fact that he's expensive, not very good any more, older and injury prone. Not to mention, if one of our wideouts goes down, we'll need Austin to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Not sure about that, really.

There has been a lot of denial in the Cowboys camp with regard to those trade rumors and it seems like an awfully aggressive move for this team.

But the Cowboys probably aren't sold on Murray being the franchise guy so he may be dispensable. I think Austin is protected more by the fact that he's expensive, not very good any more, older and injury prone. Not to mention, if one of our wideouts goes down, we'll need Austin to step up.
    yeah next time i talk to my brother-in-law, I will ask him where he heard that chatter. He mentioned something about the Cowboys going after Jones-Drew if they traded Miles and Murray? But if Miles is gone, I think that Terrance Williams looks like a pretty solid #2 with Harris a good slot WR. And even though Miles is a Cowboy, he went to college where I am originally from.

Are you talking a few days from now or in the offseason?

Are you talking a few days from now or in the offseason?
    He mentioned before the trade deadline---I think the deadline for trades is later this week or next week?

YES - In a week or less.
    WOW - That would be interesting.

+ Reply to Thread