+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

While we still need improvements, hats off go to TC, Eli, Cruz and JPP.

I felt 9-7 or 10-6 could win the division, and it appears that is the case.

Yet after all this team has gone through, most notably the injuries, it is a great feeling to finish on top. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Eli put us on his back with Cruz and JPP grabbing on and helping along the way as needed.

Great core of guys. Just need to get healthy, find a few pieces, and play to our strengths and lights out for our future.

A win this week would be huge.

Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: While we still need improvements, hats off go to TC, Eli, Cruz and JPP.

I will jump on board this thread.....INJURIES were the main reason for our debacle this season and with KG calling the same plays over and over. I do believe with some players coming back from injuries, others have learned from mistakes(including KG), and the fact that other than the foreskins we played decent football at times....now they all no its all on the line and when that happens during playoffs we most likely show up!!! ALL ABOARRRRRD!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Hopefully the OL coming together is for real and not a flash in the pan. If so, then we can concentrate more on LB and secondary (and possibly RB).

Think Baas is better at pass protection vs run blocker.

Do not think Baas is the answer. And thank you Kareem, but its time to move forward, and I wold be willing to give D2 another shot, but if he played the way he has this year, its time for Petrus.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Veteran

Diehl has looked better at tackle - maybe try him at the right side and move petrus into guard and beatty at left tackle until someone develops amongst the youngsters (Brewer or whomever we may draft) or you could plug in an FA.

I think TC has done a phenomenal job this year - stats showed this is the second most injured team in the last 20 years - WOW.

[quote user="dave56dj"]Diehl has looked better at tackle - maybe try him at the right side and move petrus into guard and beatty at left tackle until someone develops amongst the youngsters (Brewer or whomever we may draft) or you could plug in an FA.

I think TC has done a phenomenal job this year - stats showed this is the second most injured team in the last 20 years - WOW.[/quote]I agree about D2 to RT possibly. Was thinking of doing that at the end of last season.

We were the 2nd most injured Giants team or NFL team in the last 20 years?

If its NFL I would assume the Jags were #1 from this year?
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Diehl is alot better at Tackle but has trouble with the Elite Rushers...Gilbride had a great blocking scheme to keep Ware in check. Baas did a great job against Ratliff one on one but struggled getting any push in the running game. Boothe, I think has been our best linemen all year long. U can see him get some push and even get to the second level.

[quote user="dave56dj"]Diehl has looked better at tackle - maybe try him at the right side and move petrus into guard and beatty at left tackle until someone develops amongst the youngsters (Brewer or whomever we may draft) or you could plug in an FA.

I think TC has done a phenomenal job this year - stats showed this is the second most injured team in the last 20 years - WOW.[/quote]

Wow, second most injuries for a team in 20 years, that is amazing!

[quote user="T-Murda84"]Diehl is alot better at Tackle but has trouble with the Elite Rushers...Gilbride had a great blocking scheme to keep Ware in check. Baas did a great job against Ratliff one on one but struggled getting any push in the running game. Boothe, I think has been our best linemen all year long. U can see him get some push and even get to the second level.[/quote]agreed
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

the only thing I'll add is that I'm sick of injuries being an excuse every year.

Didyou know someone has been ready to excuse poor play because of injuries every season since 2003?

I don't think injuries excuse losses against Seattle and and twice to Washington or against Philly.

I'm glad we're in the playoffs and I think we can make some noise. No excuses.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.