+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I agree. Soemthing has to change there or we can pack it in....I was calling for some no huddle in the first half!! Hopefull they adjust, But it still has nothing to do with not having a sense of urgency or no leadership as the op keeps suggesting over and over and over....
    Hopefully the team's play will quit proving me to be right.... I would love to be able to eat some crow pie over this debate. Let's see how the 2nd half goes.....

Quote Originally Posted by MetLife View Post
    Lol.

I think there's a great sense of urgency with everyone but the Oline and what seems to be Gilbride's playcalling. He's not accounting for the weather with his 15-yard pass route plays, and we've been severely underestimating the Panthers front seven.

So, the urgency is there. But our OLine is beginning to show their lack of technique in a league where opposing DLines are getting younger and faster ...not necessarily bigger.
    Sadly, Greg Hardy is a former Rebel.... He shouldnt be beating up on Eli so much for that reason... lol. But your right, the O-Line has got to connect some dots soon of they are going to get Eli killed.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    Hopefully the team's play will quit proving me to be right.... I would love to be able to eat some crow pie over this debate. Let's see how the 2nd half goes.....
    The teams play has nothing to do with a lack of urgency...the OL is bad ....simple as that. Let it go. You're wrong.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Does urgency make guys block Better?

We can run 100 plays a game, but if our Rbs are hit in the backfield on 70% of the run plays,...

and we give up 1 sack for every completion (Both of these stats are ACTUAL REAL stats.)

Then how do you think we will do?

Im pretty sure we would still lose...badly

Quote Originally Posted by MetLife View Post
    Lol.

I think there's a great sense of urgency with everyone but the Oline and what seems to be Gilbride's playcalling. He's not accounting for the weather with his 15-yard pass route plays, and we've been severely underestimating the Panthers front seven.

So, the urgency is there. But our OLine is beginning to show their lack of technique in a league where opposing DLines are getting younger and faster ...not necessarily bigger.
    THIS x 1000
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    The teams play has nothing to do with a lack of urgency...the OL is bad ....simple as that. Let it go. You're wrong.
    Of course, that his a bunch of horse hockey. Sense of urgency and desire to win go hand in hand.

Alright Fbomb, games back on... we will spar later.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Our o line is terrible so let's keep huddling and run the clock down to 0 before every snap? Like that's been working so far. These old farts cannot adjust a tad bit and try something else for a change. It's disgusting. Show me a no huddle, hurry up, anything but this stagnate offense.
    The only thing about that is they will just give the D less time to rest. I know what you are saying though. They do need to try something.

Of course, that his a bunch of horse hockey. Sense of urgency and desire to win go hand in hand.
    And neither one of those have anything to do with our bad OL. You can have as much desire as you want but lack of talent trumps that. I see plenty of fight on this team.....just a short supply of great players.

I had Fbomb tell me I was crazy or stupid or something to that effect for suggesting the Giants seemed to be lacking any sense of urgency going into this game. I said I was worried about us coming out flat today and low and behold...... Our offense flat out stinks.... our defense is playing so/so...... Special Teams are not stellar.... pretty much a stinker all the way around.

I disagreed with you and obviously I was way off with this team. I actually picked them in my Survivor pool this week.

Oh well.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.