+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: At Last

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    It's early so I'm not investing too much into what's happened so far with this team. But so far they've been able to calm my concerns going into the season.

But I suppose that's fair. They really need to prove their worth after 3 years of mediocrity.
    The issue with the Cowboys has been that they choke when everything is on the line. Romo and the boys have proven it over and over again. When it comes playoff time, they would not be able to compete with the likes of Seattle, NO, the Bears, the Falcons or the Packers. Whoever wins the NFC East will be one and done in the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    The issue with the Cowboys has been that they choke when everything is on the line. Romo and the boys have proven it over and over again. When it comes playoff time, they would not be able to compete with the likes of Seattle, NO, the Bears, the Falcons or the Packers. Whoever wins the NFC East will be one and done in the play offs.
    Seattle and maybe NO are the only clear cut strong teams in the NFC. The Falcons and Packers are 1-2, SF is 1-2, and the Bears are in the same boat as us (falter down the stretch).

I don't trust Romo, and I'll probably never trust Romo. But from the look of things, the Cowboys are headed in the right direction. The offensive line is probably the strongest it's been since 2007, the defensive line is the strongest its been for as long as I can really remember, and the team has legitimate playmakers to help.

At least that's the way things appear now, but it's a week to week league so I'm pretty even keel at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Dude View Post
    Eli has finally been exposed for the weasel punk that he is, No more freak circus catches by Tyree, no more heaves upfield only to be caught by a receiver who happens to be in the right place. Good riddance to a fraud and it couldn't happen to a bigger loser or franchise.. GO COWBOYS
    You mad bro?

no more heaves upfield only to be caught by a receiver who happens to be in the right place.
    Lol!!! Isn't that what a QB is supposed to do?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Crawl back into your rectum. you come on here to talk smack only after we lose? You are the weasel.
    To be fair, you guys lose every week. I mean, when are we supposed to come here to talk smack? This is "Smack Talk Central" right?

I've seen what Romo looks like behind a terrible OL with a crappy D, now we know what Eli looks like under similar circumstances. Wow...
    It's a beautiful thing.
    Wait....I think Eli just threw ANOTHER PICK!

If we can't talk smack sitting in first place while your G men have yet to win a game....

Should we just close down this portion of the forum?

Come on. It's all in good fun.

Bench Player
    I must admit though, Eli ain't got the "escapability" like Romo does.

Eli has finally been exposed for the weasel punk that he is, No more freak circus catches by Tyree, no more heaves upfield only to be caught by a receiver who happens to be in the right place. Good riddance to a fraud and it couldn't happen to a bigger loser or franchise.. GO COWBOYS
    Yeah, you guys will win the division. Have fun getting owned in the 1st round. Careful what you post. We like to draw blood.
    2014 Our Picks "Don't you just love this draft?! "#Sexy
    Round, Player, Position

1) Pick- Odell Beckham Jr.! /WR
    2) Pick- Weston Richburg /C
    3) Pick- Jay Bromley /DT
    4) Pick- Andre Williams! /RB
    5) Pick- Nat Berhe! /SS
    5) Pick- Devon Kennard /LB (Comp.)
    6) Pick- Bennett Jackson /CB

Now THIS is funny. If the season ended today, the Eagles would be the 6th playoff team in the NFC.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Seattle and maybe NO are the only clear cut strong teams in the NFC. The Falcons and Packers are 1-2, SF is 1-2, and the Bears are in the same boat as us (falter down the stretch).

I don't trust Romo, and I'll probably never trust Romo. But from the look of things, the Cowboys are headed in the right direction. The offensive line is probably the strongest it's been since 2007, the defensive line is the strongest its been for as long as I can really remember, and the team has legitimate playmakers to help.

At least that's the way things appear now, but it's a week to week league so I'm pretty even keel at the moment.
    These guys need to look at this and admit that the giants have hit rock bottom and it wont get better till they do what Dallas did and make some wholesale changes with the Coaching. Its obvious on both sides of the ball for Dallas with the 2 new Defensive guys and new OC. They went through hard times a few years back and we all stood on this forum making fun.

Now they have addressed their issues while we didn't. We let good players go because of our Salary Cap Problems and brought in cheaper second rate players and it shows. Look at some of the players we let go. Bradshaw 95 yards 1TD the other day. Osi with 2 sacks and lots of hurries and tackles, Canty doing good for Ravens, Bennett tearing it up for the Bears. the guys that replaced these guys and others are horrible. The breakdown of our O Line and Linebackers cant be fixed this year. The talent is not on the roster. Its time to take our lumps. IT happens. Its a cycle. If these Dallas guys want to come on a "Smack Talk Forum" and Talk Smack and we cant take it then whats it for. We have had our ups. We can talk Smack with the best of them when things were going well so now its time to take it.

Romo is doing A LOT better then Eli. Eli cant blame all the issues just on the O lIne. Even when he has had time going back to last season he has made bad choices and floated balls and over or under threw guys. Hes not on the same page with his WRs... So its not all O Line related right now. As far as NFCE.. ITs clear that Dallas is playing the best right now.. You cant stand here and say whoever makes the playoffs from the East is one and done. We all know better then any team that all you need to do is get in and if you get hot at the right time great things can happen.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

+ Reply to Thread