Closed Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Re: ***Burress Agrees to 2 Years***

[quote user="dezzzR"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]It's a damn shame they couldn't treat him fairly and decided to make an example out of him because of his fame.
    [/quote]

i highly agree. **** bloomburg.

Every american has a right to defend themselves regardless if its registered

if he shot someone trying to break into his home with the same gunhe still would of been charged. this country is *** backwards.

hes still an idiot for rocking a glock in his sweatpants and hes an idiot for not getting it registered, but still 2 years?!?

[/quote]

He didnt get harsher treatment because of his fame. He got time off because of his fame. His crime was real, and if me or you had committed it, it REQUIRES a 3.5 year minimum sentence. He has the right to defend himself and carry a pistol, but it is required by law to have it registred and not be toting it in a club in your sweatpants which can put others in dirrect physical harm.

Plax will be out in a year and a half if he has good behaviour. His next football year will be 2012, if he comes back which I doubt.

He gets what he deserves. Maybe it is a little harsh but that is the law. How different would everyones opinion be if that bullet hit and killed Pierce instead of wounding Plax. It was a matter of inches im sure.

[quote user="DavenIII"]It's a damn shame they couldn't treat him fairly and decided to make an example out of him because of his fame.
    [/quote]

This is pure crap.

Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Sundown"][quote user="dezzzR"]

[/quote]

i highly agree. **** bloomburg.

Every american has a right to defend themselves regardless if its registered

if he shot someone trying to break into his home with the same gunhe still would of been charged. this country is *** backwards.

hes still an idiot for rocking a glock in his sweatpants and hes an idiot for not getting it registered, but still 2 years?!?

[/quote]

I disagree w/that commment. After being on these boards one should know theres some stupid mofos that shouldnt be allowed to own a gun. At the very least a person can do is get trained and show compentancy w/a fire arm, something Plax lacked serverly.

[/quote]

1st, IT HAS TO BE ****ING REGISTERED!

2nd You want idiots like the robber down the street to be able to carry a gun?

3rd If Plax's gun was legal There would not be any trouble!

He threw it all away trying to be a "gangsta"...

Was that BS street cred worth the millions of dollars you flushed away?

Was maintaining that homie image worth being locked away from your kids for 2 years?

The sentence is harsh, but if you can't do the time, don't do the crime...

...and don't drop the soap.

All-Pro

[quote user="Jint Fan 73"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

???

he plea bargin 2 instead of 3 1/2......don't get what you mean

[/quote]

The VAST majority of average joes who get charged with this get ZERO jail time, over 90% I think the statistic showed.
    [/quote]
    Does that stat apply to people charged or people who were found / pled guilty?

big difference[/quote]

No but that's the point, normally they ALLOW these people to plea to different charges, kinda like when you get a speeding ticket and plead guilty to a seatbelt fine or whatever...I'm sure everyone's done that before, (It's happened to me 4 times now)

They had an entire article (multiple articles) with statistics on this exactly and they talked about how over 90% of the people in 2006 or something plead to lesser charges.

they didn't ALLOW Plax to do that...because Bloomberg stepped out, and because he was famous.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

???

[/quote]

The VAST majority of average joes who get charged with this get ZERO jail time, over 90% I think the statistic showed.
    [/quote]

Discharging an unregistered gun, with no permit to carry,in a crowded nightclub?

You are dilusional, Daven. 2 years is a slap on the wrist.

Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

Some of you guys are wack. He broke the law and was given a break on the sentense.

And this isnt the first time Plax was in trouble with the law.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

This is pure crap.

[/quote]

Morehead there where articles from registered lawyers all over the place saying exactly the same thing with statistics to prove it....it was so long ago I'm having trouble finding it, but this is proven.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

???

[/quote]

[/quote]

thats rediculous

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

???

[/quote]

[/quote]

Discharging an unregistered gun, with no permit to carry,in a crowded nightclub?

You are dilusional, Daven. 2 years is a slap on the wrist.

[/quote]

It's the facts Morehead, unless the lawyers who all agreed and wrote articles saying this are all delusional too morehead...sorry I trust Lawyers when it comes to the Law over you....it's usually very complicated.