+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When the Giants go 0-4........

We all know Mara is loyal, as is Coughlin to his staff and certain players. But with a good chance of the Giants going 0-4 to start the season, is there a chance that Coughlin has to make some personnel decisions with staff or players? Maybe Mara steps in and has Coughlin make some tough decisions to right the ship. Right now the team is getting outplayed and outcoached. And yes we know that Coughlin probably wouldnt be fired during the season(see opening sentence). But could Gilbride and/or Fewell be shown the door sooner rather than later?

Personally I think some changes need to be made---players. coaches, and schemes. I wont hold my breath though, I have a feeling that we will be seeing the same ole same ole for the rest of the season.

Veteran
    In front of flat screen watching 3 & outs!
    O-Coordinator & D-Coordinator need to go through the initial steps of this process. If not, like you said, we will be seeing the same ol same ol as we have been seeing.

We have seen the same ol same ol for 5 years, why would you expect anything different?

problem I see....who is available to replace any of the coaches?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    We all know Mara is loyal, as is Coughlin to his staff and certain players. But with a good chance of the Giants going 0-4 to start the season, is there a chance that Coughlin has to make some personnel decisions with staff or players? Maybe Mara steps in and has Coughlin make some tough decisions to right the ship. Right now the team is getting outplayed and outcoached. And yes we know that Coughlin probably wouldnt be fired during the season(see opening sentence). But could Gilbride and/or Fewell be shown the door sooner rather than later?

Personally I think some changes need to be made---players. coaches, and schemes. I wont hold my breath though, I have a feeling that we will be seeing the same ole same ole for the rest of the season.
    We could go 0-16 and this owner will do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moecoastie77 View Post
    I know some pretty good high school coaches that can do a heck of a better job than the 3 stooges.

Bench Player
    Is Spags available? I mean really?!? Spags could get the team turned around quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post

I doubt Mara will make any coaching changes mid-season. And the players we have, we have.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Duke_45 View Post
    Is Spags available? I mean really?!? Spags could get the team turned around quickly...
    He hasn't had a successful season since he left here
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Moecoastie77 View Post
    I dont know---I am NOT on the Cowher or Gruden bandwagon. But I think we need to bring in some new blood, some young and upcoming coordinators from other coaching trees.