+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Make Spags Assistant Head Coach

This way we keep Fewell. No one gets hurt and Spags is groomed to take over for TC when he retires.

Re: Make Spags Assistant Head Coach

and what are his day to day duties for the team? If he isn't a DC, it sounds like we're basically paying two men to do the job of one. Not to mention TC may have an objection or two to that.

[quote user="a50yrfan"]This way we keep Fewell. No one gets hurt and Spags is groomed to take over for TC when he retires.[/quote]

Why would we want to keep Fewell again?
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

All-Pro

Why would they want him as a head coach? He just got fired.

I want him as DC and that's all, but I really doubt Perry gets fired unless he lays a HUGE stinker this weekend, which is possible bearing how nasty Atlanta's offense is

Veteran

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I want him as DC and that's all, but I really doubt Perry gets fired unless he lays a HUGE stinker this weekend, which is possible bearing how nasty Atlanta's offense is[/quote]

Hate his defense but it's likely true.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="a50yrfan"]This way we keep Fewell. No one gets hurt and Spags is groomed to take over for TC when he retires.[/quote]

Why would we want to keep Fewell again?[/quote]

It's amazing how stupid, and consequentially smart Fewell became when Tuck started playing like we expect him to.

We may disagree with how Fewell handled the crappy situation (guys out for the year, guys battling injuries and not performing to the best of their abilities) we were in, but there really is no question, Fewell is a good DC.

[quote user="TrueBlue07"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="a50yrfan"]This way we keep Fewell. No one gets hurt and Spags is groomed to take over for TC when he retires.[/quote]

It's amazing how stupid, and consequentially smart Fewell became when Tuck started playing like we expect him to.

We may disagree with how Fewell handled the crappy situation (guys out for the year, guys battling injuries and not performing to the best of their abilities) we were in, but there really is no question, Fewell is a good DC.
    [/quote]

Yeah, he stopped with the 3-man (ain't no) rush on 3rd and longs. I guess he can stay.

All this talk about Spags is IMO futile. There's no place for him, and he was only here for two seasons. Somebody else might still offer him a HC job, anyway.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

[quote user="TrueBlue07"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="a50yrfan"]This way we keep Fewell. No one gets hurt and Spags is groomed to take over for TC when he retires.[/quote]

[/quote]

Fewell never became smart.

He's stuck with a base zone defense after we made Grossman look like a HoF QB for the second time this year and everyone (including his own players) were screaming at him.

We have a lot of talent on defense ... what we don't have is a particularly good DC or scheme. Any of a dozen quality DCs would have this defense in the top 10 if not top 5 defenses this year.

Including injuries.

We are currently ranked 27th in total defense.

This is the first time that I can ever remember being in the playoffs and our defense being considered the liability of the team.

Fewell's contract is over this year and they can't get him out of the building fast enough.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="TrueBlue07"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="a50yrfan"]This way we keep Fewell. No one gets hurt and Spags is groomed to take over for TC when he retires.[/quote] Why would we want to keep Fewell again?[/quote]

[/quote] Fewell never became smart. He's stuck with a base zone defense after we made Grossman look like a HoF QB for the second time this year and everyone (including his own players) were screaming at him. We have a lot of talent on defense ... what we don't have is a particularly good DC or scheme. Any of a dozen quality DCs would have this defense in the top 10 if not top 5 defenses this year. Including injuries. We are currently ranked 27th in total defense. This is the first time that I can ever remember being in the playoffs and our defense being considered the liability of the team. Fewell's contract is over this year and they can't get him out of the building fast enough.[/quote]

The thing is that the Giants looks ready for a serious playoff run. If that happens it becomes very difficult to justify firing anyone.

There something wrong when the DC takes 16 weeks to figure out that its time to simplify the defense.I also think its silly to say that the defense looks better because Tuck is playing better.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.