+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    His inflexibility and aversion to rookies a trick he picked up from Parcells is his biggest issue

Lets face it the man abhors change of any form, sort, whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    His inflexibility and aversion to rookies a trick he picked up from Parcells is his biggest issue

Lets face it the man abhors change of any form, sort, whatsoever
    Surely you don't mean this.

Justin Pugh, David Wilson, Jayron Hosley, Prince Amukamara, Matt Dodge, Hakeem Nicks, Corey Webster, Justin Tuck, Mathias Kiwanuka, Brandon Jacobs...all had significant playing time as rookies. And this isn't all of them i'm sure, just ones I could think of off the top of my head. Just because he doesn't start every rookie from the draft doesn't mean he has an aversion to rookies.

It's midnight and Coughlins Carriage is about to turn into a Pumpkin

It's just time

He already our longest standing HC and the oldest in the league

The only way to cure this is to bring in Monte Kiffin as a DC. the two will cancel each other out
    not by a long shot. steve owen coached the giants for 23 years (1931-1953).

coughlin would have to coach until 2027 to beat that, by which point he would be 81 years old!

Did Steve coach the Giants before or after Washington crossed the Deleware?

Give me a break......that was 100 yrs ago.....the league has changed just a smidgen

Quote Originally Posted by simmstolt View Post
    I'm all for cleaning house but if there was one of the 4 I would keep (KG, PF, JR, TC) it would be Coughlin.
    I'd keep JR and TC. I'm not getting rid of JR -- I think that everyone's off base. I think that overall he drafts pretty well and managing cap space with a QB making elite-QB money ain't easy.

Bench Player
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by jwhorner6 View Post
    Surely you don't mean this.

Justin Pugh, David Wilson, Jayron Hosley, Prince Amukamara, Matt Dodge, Hakeem Nicks, Corey Webster, Justin Tuck, Mathias Kiwanuka, Brandon Jacobs...all had significant playing time as rookies. And this isn't all of them i'm sure, just ones I could think of off the top of my head. Just because he doesn't start every rookie from the draft doesn't mean he has an aversion to rookies.
    Don't say the D-word around Jakk bro...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I'd keep JR and TC. I'm not getting rid of JR -- I think that everyone's off base. I think that overall he drafts pretty well and managing cap space with a QB making elite-QB money ain't easy.
    How so? he has one of the poorest mid round records of any GM in the league. The term "pretty well" is subjective but dart board approach would net nearly same percentage results as JR

Did Steve coach the Giants before or after Washington crossed the Deleware?

Give me a break......that was 100 yrs ago.....the league has changed just a smidgen
    and yet you said in another thread that Nameth knows more offense and would be a better OC than Gilbride...

Nameth was 100 years ago in football time too
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Hey when you get to our age mine and Tom's you have to go a lot

It's only a serious issue at the movies and the middle of the night

Well rest stops on the parkway too