+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bench Player

Is this team as good as 2007?

I'm a Cowboys fan, so I didn't follow the Giants in 2007. I do remember their defense was really good though. From this season alone, I'm thinking the Giants will beat the Falcons but I don't see them getting passed GB or NO. The Cowboys have zero secondary, and have a bunch of mentally weak players on the team. We only beat one team above 500 on the year and that was in week 2 against the 49'ers...and we barely won that game. So we weren't some great team to beat.

I'm bummed my team lost but at the same time ok with it because it will allow us to get rid of a bunch of no talent players, moved up to #14 in the draft, and get an easier schedule... even though the schedule is already hard as hell. I'm glad we don't have to face the Packers and 49'ers next year.

Re: Is this team as good as 2007?

[quote user="ufcrules1"]I'm a Cowboys fan, so I didn't follow the Giants in 2007. I do remember their defense was really good though. From this season alone, I'm thinking the Giants will beat the Falcons but I don't see them getting passed GB or NO. The Cowboys have zero secondary, and have a bunch of mentally weak players on the team. We only beat one team above 500 on the year and that was in week 2 against the 49'ers...and we barely won that game. So we weren't some great team to beat.

I'm bummed my team lost but at the same time ok with it because it will allow us to get rid of a bunch of no talent players, moved up to #14 in the draft, and get an easier schedule... even though the schedule is already hard as hell. I'm glad we don't have to face the Packers and 49'ers next year.[/quote]

On paper this team is better then the 2007 Giants.

We'll have to see how the rest of the season plays out though.

I'm hoping we get GB. I think we match up well against them and judging by our game with them this year, we certainly can hang with them.

I don't want to see NO though. They have too many weapons for us to cover and seem to be a much faster team then the Packers.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

To me, the offense is much better in 2011 than it was in 2007. Eli has emerged as a great QB and his receivers have delivered. Now that the OL is geling and getting running lanes open, we should be tough to stop.

Defense wise, I personally think the DL is similar. A force to be reckoned with and the dividing factor as to whether we seem to win or lose. Secondary looks better not playing zone on every damn play.

Special teams has been doing well. Sunday night wasnt a prime example but for the collective season, they have had decent field position and have been flying to the ball on punts/ kick offs.

I like that this team has something to prove to the world. That chip on their shoulders could get them far.

Just as in 2007, its all about the matchups on the D line. This defense needs to get to the QB in order to not get lit up. Our offense is definately better. But everybody's is. The league has actually changed a lot since 2007.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="ufcrules1"]I'm a Cowboys fan, so I didn't follow the Giants in 2007. I do remember their defense was really good though. From this season alone, I'm thinking the Giants will beat the Falcons but I don't see them getting passed GB or NO. The Cowboys have zero secondary, and have a bunch of mentally weak players on the team. We only beat one team above 500 on the year and that was in week 2 against the 49'ers...and we barely won that game. So we weren't some great team to beat.

I'm bummed my team lost but at the same time ok with it because it will allow us to get rid of a bunch of no talent players, moved up to #14 in the draft, and get an easier schedule... even though the schedule is already hard as hell. I'm glad we don't have to face the Packers and 49'ers next year.[/quote]

My thoughts on this are when we started the season meaning after the draft I would have said this team had more talent than in 2007....the offense is significantly better and the defense was solid...Injuries have hit us very hard ....at this point I would say if we win a Superbowl...YES...if we don't Then obviously NO.......In 07 we peaked at the right time......we seem to be starting a run but it remains to be seen
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

[quote user="Morehead State"]Just as in 2007, its all about the matchups on the D line.* This defense needs to get to the QB in order to not get lit up.* Our offense is definately better.* But everybody's is.* The league has actually changed a lot since 2007.[/quote]

Friggin flag football.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Morehead State"]Just as in 2007, its all about the matchups on the D line.* This defense needs to get to the QB in order to not get lit up.* Our offense is definately better.* But everybody's is.* The league has actually changed a lot since 2007.[/quote]

Our running game was much better in 2007...

Veteran

I would say the defense is not. Too much inexperience compared to 2007. The ground game is not better either. Passing game is, but only because the ground game sucks.

On paper yes, but our defense is not where it's at. The secondary is missing pieces. We really miss TT

[quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="Morehead State"]Just as in 2007, its all about the matchups on the D line. This defense needs to get to the QB in order to not get lit up. Our offense is definately better. But everybody's is. The league has actually changed a lot since 2007.[/quote] Our running game was much better in 2007...[/quote]

Honestly, Baas is killing us in the run game. But we can score a lot better now than in 07.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi