+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hakeem Nicks Season

I think that one thing gets overlooked because of manning and Cruz and that's Nicks season the man had 1192 yds 7 TDs and 15.7 ypc that is a great season for any WR not to mention one that gets doubled on almost every play. Just think if he could concentrate more on the easy ones he would be right around what Cruz produced this season which is insane

Re: Hakeem Nicks Season

agreed he had a great year. we have two stud wr's time to lock them up...
    FUTURE NFL STAR

[quote user="Giant14you"]I think that one thing gets overlooked because of manning and Cruz and that's Nicks season the man had 1192 yds 7 TDs and 15.7 ypc that is a great season for any WR not to mention one that gets doubled on almost every play. Just think if he could concentrate more on the easy ones he would be right around what Cruz produced this season which is insane[/quote]

Not to mention that he's been dealing with a bum hammy all year.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

All-Pro

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Giant14you"]I think that one thing gets overlooked because of manning and Cruz and that's Nicks season the man had 1192 yds 7 TDs and 15.7 ypc that is a great season for any WR not to mention one that gets doubled on almost every play. Just think if he could concentrate more on the easy ones he would be right around what Cruz produced this season which is insane[/quote] Not to mention that he's been dealing with a bum hammy all year.[/quote]

And a bad case of the drops mid season.

[quote user="Giant14you"]I think that one thing gets overlooked because of manning and Cruz and that's Nicks season the man had 1192 yds 7 TDs and 15.7 ypc that is a great season for any WR not to mention one that gets doubled on almost every play. Just think if he could concentrate more on the easy ones he would be right around what Cruz produced this season which is insane[/quote]

He had a great season and opened Cruz up for most of it by absorbing doubles. Two great players im glad they're giants

All-Pro

He also threw some great blocks the other night.

the fact he was double teamed from jump street AND STILL HAD THE SEASON HE HAD speaks volumes, not to mention he dropped at least 4 td passes that i can remember.

during the dallas game sunday night, after the first half, dallas began to double cruz. a lot. on that reception that set up nicks td, the cowboys were all out focused on cruz, which when eli looked the defense off by looking and kind of pump faking to him, freed up the middle of the field.

i HOPE AND PRAY that KG and Eli study this game tape and see that if Eli looks off the defense and gives a lil pump fake action, the entire defense will collapse onto Cruz or Nicks, and then it frees up coverage. On the Cruz 44 yd reception in the 4th where he did the spin move, he again looked off the defense and sensabaugh drifted over, which left Cruz on single coverage w/o safety help.

this could be a HUGE factor for us in the post season. teams will NO DOUBT BE HEAVILY CONCENTRATED ON CRUZ TO NOT GIVE UP THE HUGE PLAY, so if eli can look the defense off and pump fake, he will have HUGE throwing lanes.

right now, defenses have no chance really if eli and the wr's are playing their game. after an off season when the Giants can either resign MM or another young, hungry, talented WR and solidify their OL a lil bit, FOGETTA BOUT IT!

[quote user="ryan12"]agreed he had a great year. we have two stud wr's time to lock them up...[/quote]

Completely agree. We have the equivalent of Anquan Boldin (Nicks) and dare I say Larry Fitzgerald (Cruz).

Arizona made the mistake of losing Boldin (and Warner...) and were never the same, but we need to lock these guys down.

They are our Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. We need to keep them both with Eli for the next 10 years.

Giants should try to lock these guys up now.Dont wait till the rookie deals expire and then pay through the nose for them. Victor Cruz especially needs to get a raise dont create bad blood with star players by letting him play for 400,000 next year. I think of the 2 Cruz is the more likely to take a smaller deal because he is from this area. If the Giants wait till they hit FA they wont keep them both

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Giants should try to lock these guys up now.Dont wait till the rookie deals expire and then pay through the nose for them. Victor Cruz especially needs to get a raise dont create bad blood with star players by letting him play for 400,000 next year. I think of the 2 Cruz is the more likely to take a smaller deal because he is from this area. If the Giants wait till they hit FA they wont keep them both[/quote]

Offer Cruz and Nicks the exact same deal now for the next 5 years and Manningham less for 3 years and lock them all up.