+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mike Singletary For Defensive Coordinator

This is a serious move and if the Giants consider doing it now, this guy will immediately fire up this defense and force them to play to their potential. The defense has a lot of talent but it lacks purpose and is misused and has no heart. He will find a way to compensate for their weaknesses especially at the linebackers position. When the players say "they have to go back to the drawing boards", it can be assumed that Fewell has lost the defense and his system has failed. Singletary is "old school". He will fire them up or kill them if they don't play his smash mouth brand of football. He would never allow a defense to perform the way Fewell does. I always thought he got a bum rap in SF. He built that defense and now he is rotting away as a linebackers coach in Minnesota I believe. This move will fire up this team and work. As far as KillDrive he is staying because there is no one to run this offense.

Both coordinators have it go, plain and simple.

too late to bring in an entirely new system on D.

I would love to bring in Zimmer in the offseason though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
    Both coordinators have it go, plain and simple.
    True but what happens to offensive schemes. Killdrive has been his only coordinator. I think thats a end of season move. Bring Mike Sullivan back as Offensive Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach and groom him

yeah imagine him running down the sideline with his pants down again

Eli has never had a different O-Coordinator. Its time.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGiantsFan56 View Post
    True but what happens to offensive schemes. Killdrive has been his only coordinator. I think thats a end of season move. Bring Mike Sullivan back as Offensive Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach and groom him
    you start running a simple offense that allows the players to use their abilities to create opportunities

it's better than what we have right now

Quote Originally Posted by NYGiantsFan56 View Post
    This is a serious move and if the Giants consider doing it now, this guy will immediately fire up this defense and force them to play to their potential. The defense has a lot of talent but it lacks purpose and is misused and has no heart. He will find a way to compensate for their weaknesses especially at the linebackers position. When the players say "they have to go back to the drawing boards", it can be assumed that Fewell has lost the defense and his system has failed. Singletary is "old school". He will fire them up or kill them if they don't play his smash mouth brand of football. He would never allow a defense to perform the way Fewell does. I always thought he got a bum rap in SF. He built that defense and now he is rotting away as a linebackers coach in Minnesota I believe. This move will fire up this team and work. As far as KillDrive he is staying because there is no one to run this offense.
    He doesn't get enough credit for the smash mouth culture he created for what was a bad 49ers team when he was hired.

I'd like to see what Lovie could do with our D

Veteran
    I agree with the Singletary move....can't hurt or do any worse than we are now. Fewell has lost his defensive team and i don't think he has a clue as to what to do next. Singletary would be a nice addition now and see how he fixes this defense. Yes i know he would bring in a whole new scheme but can he really do worse than Fewell? I don't think so