+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where is Damontre Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. Why do the coaches insist on keeping an ineffective player on the field? Because his name is Justin Tuck? That man hasn't been the same since Strahan left. He showed glimpses in 08 but nothing like the beast he was in the Superbowl.
    Glimpses? He was a top 5 DE that season. He consistently dominated both run and pass.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I would question how well he's doing in camp/practice.

For example, watching the LT special on showtime, some players thought drafting him was a strange move, because at the time the Giants had a solid linebacking corps. And originally, they were looking to work him into the lineup somewhere later in the year.

But he was so explosive, they knew almost immediately that they had to find a way to get him on the field.

Then, after they started him, he freelanced on some plays, and instead of benching him, they adjusted their schemes to allow Taylor to continue to disrupt the offense, without sacrificing defensive cohesion.

I'm not comparing DaMontre Moore with LT. What I'm saying is that they should look to try to get him on the field, and make adjustments that highlight his strengths.
    Well, let me put it this way. I never saw a Parcells team quit like they have under Coughlin. They took many old fashioned butt kicking but they never showed the lack of effort they have shown consistently under Coughlin. Parcells would never tolerate such a blatant disregard of discipline. I remember the sound bites telling his players "you get stupid and hurt this team, you will be watching the game from your living room." And he meant every word! Coughlin? "we had a great practice", "I am disappointed", "the effort was not there". Well? What are you going to do Mr. Coughlin? Oh, yeah, you will bring back DD. Problem solved.

+ Reply to Thread