+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Defense makes good strides -- Offense ...like I said Defense made good strides

Defense:
    Tackling : A+ HUGE improvement. Saw some good physical wins here tonight
    Persuit : A - zeroed in on the ball carrier and swarmed
    Focus: : A Everubody was set and motors running
    Special mentions : Rolle was everywhere
    Beason is a REAL LB & Leader
    Defensive Line Good job in containing THE best RB in the Leaugue

Offense:
    Special mention: Hillis SAVED OUR Arse
    Hillis
    Did i mention Hillis ?
    Eli Didn't get picked off YAY !

Banned
    Hillis looked pretty good, made a few big plays too

Defensive line played the run very well. Played with the lead for most of the game and Freeman threw the ball about 2,225 times but still only one sack? That is a little concerning. Especially since Tuck told us that if they were up by 2 scores then they would get sacks.

Our receivers dropped several passes...especially NIcks. But all in all they played well as a unit.

Our OL is still absolutely horrendous. Had some decent pass blocking at times but can't run black to save their lives.

Watching our special teams makes me wonder why nobody has started a Fire Tom Quinn thread. They are putred

Quote Originally Posted by jwhorner6 View Post
    Defensive line played the run very well. Played with the lead for most of the game and Freeman threw the ball about 2,225 times but still only one sack? That is a little concerning. Especially since Tuck told us that if they were up by 2 scores then they would get sacks.

Our receivers dropped several passes...especially NIcks. But all in all they played well as a unit.

Our OL is still absolutely horrendous. Had some decent pass blocking at times but can't run black to save their lives.

Watching our special teams makes me wonder why nobody has started a Fire Tom Quinn thread. They are putred
    Fewell's strategy. may have bet that Freeman did not have enough reps with the receivers and the playbook , so naturally put the ball in the hands of the best RB in the NFL. the D-Line met that challenge pretty well ! And the addition of Beason has been nothing less then a miracle find... Hope he stays healthy.

All-Pro
    The Vikings offense is a mess. Hard to take anything from that game. They had one guy to stop.

We stacked the box on every play. Superman couldn't run against that set. If we were facing a team that could complete a pass, we would have been burned all over the field.
    I can't believe that so many people here are praising our run defense after this game.
    Freeman still completed a bunch of passes because our defensive line can barely get any pressure. This, even with five or six guys rushing.
    Of all people, Tuck actually looked okay last night.
    I'm still not sure why DMoore is not getting more time.

The D hasnt been the problem all year (regardless what some say)... Our D has to play 2 Os a game... Or special teams... Soon as this O starts playing like they are getting paid we win games... im afraid its to late now though....

Quote Originally Posted by Tbonenc View Post
    We stacked the box on every play. Superman couldn't run against that set. If we were facing a team that could complete a pass, we would have been burned all over the field.
    I can't believe that so many people here are praising our run defense after this game.
    Freeman still completed a bunch of passes because our defensive line can barely get any pressure. This, even with five or six guys rushing.
    Of all people, Tuck actually looked okay last night.
    I'm still not sure why DMoore is not getting more time.
    Our run defense has been pretty good all season. Especially the interior.

I thought our dline looked a lot better. JPP is starting to show signs of being able to regain his old form.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Our run defense has been pretty good all season. Especially the interior.

I thought our dline looked a lot better. JPP is starting to show signs of being able to regain his old form.
    Oh, I must have missed the games that you have been watching.

All-Pro
    They have only allowed 1 RB to go for over 100 yards.