+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Hakeem Nicks to the Browns, Lions, or 49ers for C or OL & Draft Pick

You guys are insane if you think we're resigning Nicks, Cruz, AND Randle. It's just not happening. We have a turnstile 5 on the OL right now, and you think keeping Nicks around the for the season is smart? Unless that OL pulls its head out of its ***, we're looking at the same performance we had against the Panthers.

Yea let's keep all three around together so they can avg 2 catches for 18 yds a game at this pace.

All-Pro
    Randle is in his second year. They don't have to worry about him for a while.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I'd trade Nicks to the Lions. I love Hakeem, and I know he is very important to our offense, but if we could get a 2nd or 3rd for him (Talib got a 4th from NE), that'd be sick.
    The Lions just signed Calvin Johnson to the richest contract a WR ever signed, on top the money they gave to Matthew Stafford. You think they the money sign Hakeem Nicks?

Nicks is the last year of his contract, what team would trade a player and give up a draft for someone who will in all likely hood leave next year..

This thread is just stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    You guys are insane if you think we're resigning Nicks, Cruz, AND Randle. It's just not happening. We have a turnstile 5 on the OL right now, and you think keeping Nicks around the for the season is smart? Unless that OL pulls its head out of its ***, we're looking at the same performance we had against the Panthers.
    Rane isn't in a contract year. Cruz is signed, the 2014 cap situation won't be as bad as before. Let Nicks play out his conteact.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by FOFORLIFE View Post
    why... is... this... even... a ...post
    because we have really smart people on here...

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    The Lions just signed Calvin Johnson to the richest contract a WR ever signed, on top the money they gave to Matthew Stafford. You think they the money sign Hakeem Nicks?

Nicks is the last year of his contract, what team would trade a player and give up a draft for someone who will in all likely hood leave next year..

This thread is just stupid
    Lions are looking for a receiver, which is why I specifically mentioned them. Financially, they may not be the ideal suitor for Nicks, with -- as you said -- the Calvin and Stafford contracts.

But like I said, just because a player is in the final year of their deal, doesn't mean that they have no trade value at all. Aqib Talib, with all of his character concerns, got the Bucs a fourth round pick -- despite serving a 4 game suspension at the time of the trade. So when you ask "what team would trade a draft pick for a player who could leave the next year," look no further than the Pats, who did it just last year.

This is honestly not a terrible idea. Nicks is in no way returning next year. He is going to want good money and we need to spend ours elsewhere. We have a replacement for him in Randle so deal Hakeem and let Randle get all of the game experience. If this is a lost year, there is zero reason to not try to get some extra picks for next year. And I am saying this despite Nicks being one of my favorite players.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    This is honestly not a terrible idea. Nicks is in no way returning next year. He is going to want good money and we need to spend ours elsewhere. We have a replacement for him in Randle so deal Hakeem and let Randle get all of the game experience. If this is a lost year, there is zero reason to not try to get some extra picks for next year. And I am saying this despite Nicks being one of my favorite players.
    +1. My thought process exactly. If this is a season where we don't make the playoffs, why not use it as a season to build up Randle's experience?

I can't stand the arguments of "it's only his second year". We're in an era in the NFL where people are coming in as rookies and expecting to do well. There should be no problem for a 2nd year WR to make some strides as well.

I don't hate Nicks either, he's the only Giants jersey I currently have with stiched names and numbers. I love the dude. But he's not going to make or break our season, and he's got value to him.

+ Reply to Thread