+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 338
  1. #21
    Veteran NYGisBallin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Concrete Jungle
    Posts
    2,300
    Nicks has no Value. He's a FA after this year..


    Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    111
    While we are at it, lets trade away our best corner and our franchise QB as well.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    Nicks has no Value. He's a FA after this year..
    To a team like Detroit, I think he would have some value. Probably a 2nd rounder. They have not been good for a while save for one year and are vastly improved this year. I think they would bite.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover3 View Post
    While we are at it, lets trade away our best corner and our franchise QB as well.
    This makes no sense. There is not a direct backup that can step in at those positions. Randle backs up Nicks, and we need to see if he can be an impact player. If we were able to sign Nicks after this year, I would say no, but we need to allocate that $ elsewhere.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    This makes no sense. There is not a direct backup that can step in at those positions. Randle backs up Nicks, and we need to see if he can be an impact player. If we were able to sign Nicks after this year, I would say no, but we need to allocate that $ elsewhere.
    Sorry but Nicks brings way more to the table than Randle does, he is the best WR on the team. We will be in better shape next year as far as the cap is concerned, and we have plenty of players who will be free agents next year that should not be resigned.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover3 View Post
    Sorry but Nicks brings way more to the table than Randle does, he is the best WR on the team. We will be in better shape next year as far as the cap is concerned, and we have plenty of players who will be free agents next year that should not be resigned.
    At this point yes, Nicks is a better player but Randle has plenty of potential. The money we need to spend in the offseason should be allocated to the OL and LBs. We need multiple players at those key positions plus probably another CB. If you have a guy like Nicks looking for a big payday, we should not be the team to give it to him. He is too injury prone for a big contract and we will regret it if we give it to him.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    At this point yes, Nicks is a better player but Randle has plenty of potential. The money we need to spend in the offseason should be allocated to the OL and LBs. We need multiple players at those key positions plus probably another CB. If you have a guy like Nicks looking for a big payday, we should not be the team to give it to him. He is too injury prone for a big contract and we will regret it if we give it to him.
    Point is, we should have enough money to pay Nicks because our cap situation will look a lot better than this year. As far as him being injury prone is concerned, I disagree completely, every player misses games here and there. I believe on average his misses 2-3 games a season which really isn't that significant considering how productive he usually is.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover3 View Post
    Point is, we should have enough money to pay Nicks because our cap situation will look a lot better than this year. As far as him being injury prone is concerned, I disagree completely, every player misses games here and there. I believe on average his misses 2-3 games a season which really isn't that significant considering how productive he usually is.
    Games missed isnt really a barometer on him. How many games has he played where he is completely ineffective due to an injury. There have been a lot. Point is, yes we may have some money this year but we have many holes to fill without a capable backup ready to step in. That is where our resources should go. Not to a WR who is hurt a lot and that is going to command a contract that does not match his production.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Games missed isnt really a barometer on him. How many games has he played where he is completely ineffective due to an injury. There have been a lot. Point is, yes we may have some money this year but we have many holes to fill without a capable backup ready to step in. That is where our resources should go. Not to a WR who is hurt a lot and that is going to command a contract that does not match his production.
    There haven't been games where he has played injured where he was ineffective outside of last season. Last season is an outlier, but you want to use that as your barometer? I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover3 View Post
    There haven't been games where he has played injured where he was ineffective outside of last season. Last season is an outlier, but you want to use that as your barometer? I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.
    Understood, but he is not getting any healthier. There is always something with him and I just would not give him big money, especially when we need 3 LBs and probably at least 2 OL.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts