+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I don't think we're good either, but to just cash it in now and start trading your players, especiall one of y your best offensive players is nonsensical. And he's in a contract year, he is going to play out his contract.
    I'd rather hold onto someone who's been a proven top player. Even franchise him for next year if necessary. Focus on the o-line in the offseason and see how our O goes next year before making a long-term decision on Nicks.

Finding WR's of his caliber is not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I'd rather hold onto someone who's been a proven top player. Even franchise him for next year if necessary. Focus on the o-line in the offseason and see how our O goes next year before making a long-term decision on Nicks.

That's my whole gripe. I realize the importance of the OL and other key areas, and I agree that the OL needs a massive overhaul as well as the defense.

But this should have be done a while ago. I don't think it's fair to the players to take pay cuts and what not because the FO couldn't properly manage the team and the cap situation.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We should be able to sign if if we want to. BUT overpaying, as we have seen over and over again, is not likely.
    no way the Giants are going to overpay for Nicks, and another team will, thats why he is gone next year regardless. Even if he does remain injury free this year(which I have my doubts) he is still made of glass, and not durable enough imo for the money he is going to want

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post

When you franchise a player don't you have to pay them top 5 money? Is the production we are getting from Nicks worth top 5 money? I like Nicks, but I don't think he is worth that, especially when there are so many other holes to fill.

I am not suggesting that Nicks be traded, but there is some legitimate reasons to consider it. If you don't have a running game and an O-line that can give Eli much more time in the pocket, the passing game isn't going to work regardless of who you have at receiver. You could spend 8-9M a year on a receiver that isn't going to do much, or you can spend that money on 2 solid O-lineman and dramatically improve both the run game and the passing game.

Personally, I will be surprised if the Giants sign Nicks next year, I think he is going to want more than they can afford to give him. But, I don't think they will be offered more than a third round pick for him this year, so I don't see the benefit in trading him. However if they were offered a second, I would take that trade immediately.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

So teams should still offer that 1st round pick like some suggested???

Hicks has 8 games left on his contract (assuming he goes to someone who has already had a bye week). Who do you thing is going to give up much of anything to get a guy for 8 games? Not going to happen, he's ours for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    Hicks has 8 games left on his contract (assuming he goes to someone who has already had a bye week). Who do you thing is going to give up much of anything to get a guy for 8 games? Not going to happen, he's ours for the rest of the year.
    Who?