+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Nicks for a 1st. I'd do it. Trade him to the Raiders. Heck, New England did it with Seymour.
    Hakeem will be catching passes from Tom Brady next year if JR doesn't pony up. That sholdn't be too difficult because we know he won't be spending any money on LBs!!

Veteran
    I agree with this but the main issue here is that he is in the finally year of his contract and nothing guarantees the team we trade with that he will sign with them next year.

I don't think we will resign him..He is not playing up to his asking price

Quote Originally Posted by Geebanga718 View Post
    He can't throw to himself.
    Uh..go Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I don't think we're good either, but to just cash it in now and start trading your players, especiall one of y your best offensive players is nonsensical. And he's in a contract year, he is going to play out his contract.
    Hey now, remember we still have Jerrel Jernigan. Apparently the coaches think he has WORLDS of potential. Well, it sure must be "potential", because we damn sure haven't seen any ACTUAL results from him.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I'd trade Nicks to the Lions. I love Hakeem, and I know he is very important to our offense, but if we could get a 2nd or 3rd for him (Talib got a 4th from NE), that'd be sick.
    nicks imo is easily worth multiple picks including a 1rst. teams try to draft #1 wrs all the time in the 1rst and fail repeatedly nicks is a sure fire #1 any system and qb any team.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Lions are looking for a receiver, which is why I specifically mentioned them. Financially, they may not be the ideal suitor for Nicks, with -- as you said -- the Calvin and Stafford contracts.

But like I said, just because a player is in the final year of their deal, doesn't mean that they have no trade value at all. Aqib Talib, with all of his character concerns, got the Bucs a fourth round pick -- despite serving a 4 game suspension at the time of the trade. So when you ask "what team would trade a draft pick for a player who could leave the next year," look no further than the Pats, who did it just last year.
    lets say for ****s n giggles, detroit said "suh for nicks", which, imo isnt unfathomable for a bevy of reasons but thats another topic. do u pull the trigger?

Trade him, but he is injury prone and only worth a 3rd rounder

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Would you be in favor of this going down, or against it?
    No thanks
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Geebanga718 View Post
    What's his asking price?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1