+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bench Player

Dear Jerry, Please take notes this weekend in KC on this.............................

Jerry,

I know you can only focus on the DLine when thinking about NFL defenses, but please make your best effort to think of 2 things vs. just one. Heck, I'll even consider you a "multi tasker" if you can just get this one small simple project/request right. Take note of this player. He wears #50 for the Chiefs. And he will be all over the field on Sunday. His stats are as follows:

1. Drafted in 3rd round of the 2011 draft out of Georgia (that's after rounds #1 and #2 Jerry)
    2. 2011 stats: 46 solo tackles, 5.5 sacks
    3. 2012 stats: 53 solo tackles, 10 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 inteception, 1st Pro Bowl
    4. 2013 stats YTD: 17 tackles, 7.5 sacks (that's an average of 2+/game), 1 forced fumble.....I'm quite certain he'll be booking a flight to HI at years end.

The name is Justin Houston and I hope to god Eli and our top notch OLine and OC is familiar with him as well. The name is Justin Houston Jerry. And guess what.....he plays LINEBACKER for the Chiefs. FYI.

enough said. Reese's drafts have been garbage.

Who needs LB's? It's not like we play in a division with Jason Whitten or any read option teams.

Quote Originally Posted by simmstolt View Post
    Who needs LB's? It's not like we play in a division with Jason Whitten or any read option teams.
    Good point.

And it's not like there were any good free agents available......for example, Karlos Dansby only has 28 tackles through 3 games.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

I guess you didn't see Moreno's two TD runs around the right edge. And Moreno is a slow RB.
    Last edited by moosedrool; 09-24-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Is Jesse Armstead the last good LB this team developed? I believe he is...unless you count Chase who they have continually thrown away to finally get burned by it last Sunday. LMAO at Herzlich and another injured Reese signing Connor. Who could have seen that coming looking at his history? Only everyone not named Jerry Reese...

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    I guess you didn't see Moreno's two TD runs around the right edge. And Moreno is a slow RB.
    I am not sure what the sarcasm emoticon is but I have been screaming LB for close to 20 years....

I am not sure what the sarcasm emoticon is but I have been screaming LB for close to 20 years....
    My bad....

Can someone email me when a Giant LB blows up a RB in the backfield? Heck, email when a Giant LB sheds a block.

Veteran
    In front of flat screen watching 3 & outs!
    Is Jesse Armstead the last good LB this team developed? I believe he is...unless you count Chase who they have continually thrown away to finally get burned by it last Sunday. LMAO at Herzlich and another injured Reese signing Connor. Who could have seen that coming looking at his history? Only everyone not named Jerry Reese...
    Indeed he is, but Aaron Pierce was good as well. After that, well....

Moose has got a great point. There are a lot of us who have been saying this for years! Things will not change until the owners sack Reese.