+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dear Jerry, Please take notes this weekend in KC on this.............................

Quote Originally Posted by evojutsu View Post
    Marvin Austin was a projected 1rd talent. You guys are getting mad after the fact. There are first round busts and etc. At that time, it was a great draft choice and everyone agreed
    I'll admit, I was so high on that Austin pick.

Then again, I'm just a jackass fan.....I'm not the GM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

marvin austin was signed today i think by a team i saw his name on the espn news ticker.

We could of drafted Mason Foster in the 3rd in 2011.
    But we got everyone's favorite #5 WR JJ

Quote Originally Posted by evojutsu View Post
    Marvin Austin was a projected 1rd talent. You guys are getting mad after the fact. There are first round busts and etc. At that time, it was a great draft choice and everyone agreed
    This is funny to me.

Marvin Austin is labeled a "first round talent" even though no one took him in the first round or even seemed to consider taking him in the first round. I don't recall seeing a single legitimate mock draft that had him going in the first round.

Pugh has been labeled a "second round talent" by some on this MB even though he was taken at pick #19 by one of the better drafting organizations in football, and would not have made it out of the first round if the Giants did not pick him.

Go figure.
    Last edited by TCHOF; 09-24-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Reese has been around this team for a long time and was a part in both Championship teams.
    With all due respect ... most of the talent that won those games were on board prior to Reese. He has hit on a pick up or 2. You can't really give him too much credit for those wins. Especially 07.

All-Pro
    He was EA's right hand man. He was very much a part of the 07 team. About Austin, no one will ever know hat would have happened had he not missed two consecutive seasons when he tore his pec.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    He was EA's right hand man. He was very much a part of the 07 team.
    That's true, and just like Marc Ross deserves credit, so does Reese for the work he did prior to becoming a GM.

Still, he's made some mistakes, and as a result, this team is heading in the wrong direction.

He needs to change his approach going forward, just like the rest of the organization needs to take some accountability.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    OK. I'll give him credit for being a great #2 man. Maybe he needs to be put back there. Just sayin. Not a lot else is paying off.

I loved Houston coming out as a pAssrusher & got chewed out around here for saying he would've been a good 2nd round pick IMO

All-Pro
    He doesn't need to change who he is. So this may be a bad year. Next year they will have a lot of money for FA and they have some very good young players. This team needs to be fixed but it's not like they need to completely rebuild.

+ Reply to Thread