+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Funny how we signed two ex-Seattle LB's to the PS in the last few weeks. Pretty much Jerry Reese saying, "I really screwed up evaluating the talent of our LB's".

Quote Originally Posted by DayOneGiant View Post
    Indeed he is, but Aaron Pierce was good as well. After that, well....
    I assume you mean Antonio Pierce? He was great but he signed to the Redskins as an undrafted FA several years before coming to the Giants. He and Armstead are the only real LB's this team has had for 20 years. Granted, we were spoiled rotten throughout the 80's at that position.

Veteran
    In front of flat screen watching 3 & outs!
    Quote Originally Posted by simmstolt View Post
    I assume you mean Antonio Pierce? He was great but he signed to the Redskins as an undrafted FA several years before coming to the Giants. He and Armstead are the only real LB's this team has had for 20 years. Granted, we were spoiled rotten throughout the 80's at that position.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by simmstolt View Post
    I believe he is...unless you count Chase who they have continually thrown away to finally get burned by it last Sunday. LMAO at Herzlich and another injured Reese signing Connor. ...
    Ok so I am FULLY on board with upgrading our LBs. I have been for a while. But lets not act like Chase being on this team would have silenced the masses about our LB play. And, he hardly "Burned" us last week with his 1 solo tackle and 1 assist.

I mean c'mon people. He has 3 combined tackles on the year. 1 of which was on special teams.

Chase is just a slightly less stinky pile of poo. But make no mistake, he is still a pile of poo.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Ok so I am FULLY on board with upgrading our LBs. I have been for a while. But lets not act like Chase being on this team would have silenced the masses about our LB play. And, he hardly "Burned" us last week with his 1 solo tackle and 1 assist.

I mean c'mon people. He has 3 combined tackles on the year. 1 of which was on special teams.

Chase is just a slightly less stinky pile of poo. But make no mistake, he is still a pile of poo.
    Chase is a smart player, and a solid backup....he proved it on Sunday. According to him, his coach, and the actual performance on the field, the Panthers had the Giants offense down cold. Add another notch in my "Gilbride drives me nuts" belt.

If we had kept Chase, he'd be the starting MLB. If Reese had made a serious effort to upgrade the linebackers, Chase would likely be a reserve.

And, if like Carolina, we had Chase and Kuechly, Chase would be a backup with 3 combined tackles on the year.

This is similar to the argument that Khaseem Greene wouldn't have made a difference for the Giants......I think if the Giants had a 7 time pro bowl linebacker like Lance Briggs, then yeah, Greene would likely be a special teamer and reserve.

It should tell us something that:

1) The Panthers have maybe the best MLB in the game, and still outbid Reese in order to secure a backup like Blackburn.

2) The Bears have one of the best WLBs in the game, and still go for two linebackers like Bostic and Greene.

Our teams starters < Panther & Bears reserves......scary stuff.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 09-24-2013 at 08:38 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

All-Pro
    Reese has been around this team for a long time and was a part in both Championship teams.

Bench Player

Btw Jerry

Btw Jerry,

And not to add injury to insult, but in that same 2011 draft when the Chiefs selected Justin Houston (LINEBACKER) in round 3 - you chose STARVIN MARVIN AUSTIN in round 2 ahead of Houston. LMFAO. What a joke. Great call Jerry!!!!!

Bench Player
    Hey Jerry,

Then, you doubled down and chose Jerrel Jernigan with the Giants 3rd pick in the 2011 draft! This is so great. What a genius. I think you were drunk on draft day in 2011.....and maybe others as well!! Do you drink Jerry? Just asking. Fair question.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmen5150 View Post
    Btw Jerry,

And not to add injury to insult, but in that same 2011 draft when the Chiefs selected Justin Houston (LINEBACKER) in round 3 - you chose STARVIN MARVIN AUSTIN in round 2 ahead of Houston. LMFAO. What a joke. Great call Jerry!!!!!
    That is a really painful draft fact. Bust DT vs stud LB.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmen5150 View Post
    Btw Jerry,

Marvin Austin was a projected 1rd talent. You guys are getting mad after the fact. There are first round busts and etc. At that time, it was a great draft choice and everyone agreed