+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The fate of Eli

The fate of Eli

As fellow Giants fan, what would you prefer happen in the event that this team enters rebuilding mode: That we (eventually) trade Eli for substantial value, or Reese and co. allow this franchise's greatest QB ever to play out his games and retire for Big Blue?

He'll retire a Giant.
    Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

I'd prefer the second option, but anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'd prefer the second option, but anything can happen.
    This.

I at least hope that, if we do have to trade him, that he lands on a good team. One where he can get that third ring someone of his talent deserves...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

id prefer he retire a giant, we get a new OC who allows eli to implement a lot of what he liked in KGs offense in addition to the OCs philosophy, and i'd also like if eli asked peyton for input on the schematic approach to what he's doing so we could do some of that here.

truth be told, id be ecstatic if we could get Tom Moore as the OC ASAP

I rather that Eli retire as a Giant after winning the superbowl like Elway.

eli is not close to being done. look how old peyton is and he is still in his prime, having what it probably going to be his best season yet

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    He'll retire a Giant.
    I bet you Peyton, Montana, Favre (although drafted by Atlanta), McNabb and so many others thought they would throw their last footballs in their respective teams uniforms. Too many good QB's coming out of college and I guarantee if we got the chance to draft one, we will. Trust me... you don't wanna end up one of those last teams that no one wants to watch because they're a complete snooze fest. Younger fans will abandon ship... I had to convince my brother in law earlier even though I shared some of his same opinions. I'm #BIGBLUE forever but they better not refuse to adapt. McFadden threw a TD on Monday night. When was the last time a Giants runningback did that? Wilson is too fast for a traditional offense. You put him in an option and he'll light up the scoreboard.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    I bet you Peyton, Montana, Favre (although drafted by Atlanta), McNabb and so many others thought they would throw their last footballs in their respective teams uniforms.
    Just take a look at this:
    http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/nfl-star-...niforms-2152/8

Eli will likely play a season or two in another uniform. It's more likely than not...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 09-25-2013 at 03:27 AM.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Just take a look at this:
    http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/nfl-star-...niforms-2152/8

Eli will likely play a season or two in another uniform. It's more likely than not...
    It happens... especially when a team hires a new coach. They usually want players that fit their scheme. Everybody's talking about Bradshaw going off and wishing he never left when in fact if he was still here, he'll be getting the same amount of yards that our backs are getting now. The Colts are a lil more dynamic than we are and Luck is a threat as a runner. They know how to run screens and can line up in the pistol. Even Peyton was lined up in the pistol the other night. Cruz should be catching wr screens, he got the quickness. Our predictable offense is the reason we been getting dominated lately and Eli is a part of it.