+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The fate of Eli

Quote Originally Posted by GiantTarheel View Post
    As fellow Giants fan, what would you prefer happen in the event that this team enters rebuilding mode: That we (eventually) trade Eli for substantial value, or Reese and co. allow this franchise's greatest QB ever to play out his games and retire for Big Blue?

its simple , we rebuild around eli, cruz , wilson on O

jpp , prince , keep linval , hankins and stevie brown on D

we have a very good foundation , 1 strong off season with a good draft and FA and hope some of these overpaid players restructure and if not , bye bye

Central NJ - the DMZ of Giants/Eagles land
    Eli can play for another 4-6 years. No need to drop him.

However if Tim Tebow can be signed...

All-Pro
    Eli needs to play better, but he will remain a Giant. They are not far off. People are bashing Reese because they may not be a great a team this year but there is talent on this team. They should have a lot more money for FA next year and hopefully they draft well. They can turn it around in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    I bet you Peyton, Montana, Favre (although drafted by Atlanta), McNabb and so many others thought they would throw their last footballs in their respective teams uniforms. Too many good QB's coming out of college and I guarantee if we got the chance to draft one, we will. Trust me... you don't wanna end up one of those last teams that no one wants to watch because they're a complete snooze fest. Younger fans will abandon ship... I had to convince my brother in law earlier even though I shared some of his same opinions. I'm #BIGBLUE forever but they better not refuse to adapt. McFadden threw a TD on Monday night. When was the last time a Giants runningback did that? Wilson is too fast for a traditional offense. You put him in an option and he'll light up the scoreboard.
    All they need to do is tank the season & get Johnny Football to go along with Wilson then right? Wilson is fast but Johnny can't be hit.

That would be pretty funny if we let him walk in a few years and the Chargers pick him up to replace Rivers for a year or 2.

We wont trade him by the way. He would leave via FA.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

No point in rebuilding with killdrive and foolwell. They haven't changed and neither will this team until they are gone.

Eli is playing like crap right now. He will rebound. With his style of play and the way he can take a hit...as long as there is not a lot more games like this past sunday, Eli can play another 10 years in this league. If you are going through a rebuilding process i'd rather have a quarterback that can win you some games through that process, as well as help new receivers along.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jakegibbs View Post
    All they need to do is tank the season & get Johnny Football to go along with Wilson then right? Wilson is fast but Johnny can't be hit.
    Idk if we need a new QB right away but we're gonna eventually have to if we wanna stay relevant after Eli leaves. Right now we just need new plays and that starts with coaching.

All-Pro
    If they tank the season and get the first pick it will be Clowney.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    If they tank the season and get the first pick it will be Clowney.
    Not if they continue playing like they did last week. If that continues you're gonna hear Bridgewater or Manziel's name called. I'm not gonna guarantee it but I wouldn't be surprised.