+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

I am sure this has been beaten down....but we need this guy.

People close to him say hes a quiet and not so bad kid, just very passionate about winning and very competative. He doesnt have off field issues, hes just a monster on the field. Hes very agressive and plays with reckless abandon much like Suh.

I think he will be a dominant MLB and will wreak havoc behind our good DL.

Vick would be scared to run against us.

He would definately solve alot of our issues as LB, he has the agressiveness and beastly intensity as an LT or Ray Lewis/Suh....its not like hes out getting in trouble off field, he just likes to bust heads.

The only LB id want over him would be teo but hes not gonna be there soim crossing my fingers we get this kid.

Hes reckless but we got some good guys here on defense that could keep in somewhat in line, like tuck, Boley etc.

PLEASE JR.....PLEASE....get us this kid... LT pt2

Veteran

Re: Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

hes just a heat seeking misssle, put him in the middle of our bunch of beasts....healthy tuck, LJ, canty, JPP, kiwi and have that kid in the middle wreaking havoc....wed be the most feared def in the NFL, our DBs would be bored.

Veteran

No reason we cant get a game changing LB like this, its a done deal that we are trading osi. We cant afford to pay him the top money he wants, Mara and JR promised him that they would pay him or trade him after this season. I think its a guarantee that osi is gone...they will trade him.

We will have extra picks with the osi trade and any compensation picks to use to trade up and get Burfict in the first and a good OT or OG in the second which are our 2 biggest needs.

Get er done JR....

I think we do need an upgrade at MLB, not sure if we will be able to get him, but he would be the burfict fit!!!!!

you guys are offering up a good suggestion but ignoring the big question, will he be on the available by the tie we are on the board? My guess is if we win Sunday, he won't be. Unless we trade up, which I would be all for, but would we spend enough to trade up enough to get this guy?

If he was by some chance on the board in the 20's IMO it would be a heist to be able to get him.

Yea, he is a top 10 guy, we most likely won't be in the top 10 regardless of Sunday's outcome, but could be like 13ish so moving up 5 spots or so isn't a huge leap. If we win we'd prob have to do a deal ala the Falcons for Jones last year. Our first rd pick, Osi, and another pick to move up that far? Does that get it done? Who knows.

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]Yea, he is a top 10 guy, we most likely won't be in the top 10 regardless of Sunday's outcome, but could be like 13ish so moving up 5 spots or so isn't a huge leap.* If we win we'd prob have to do a deal ala the Falcons for Jones last year.* Our first rd pick, Osi, and another pick to move up that far? Does that get it done? Who knows.
    [/quote]

Actually I may have been wrong. Reuter and Rang both have him going 27 (BAL) and 29 (BAL). Here is the latest update I could find on him. I hadn't really watched him much until last night.

12/22/2011 - PLAYERS TO WATCH: LB Vontaze Burfict had a disappointing season after being pegged as the preseason Defensive Player of the Year in some publications. What is his state of mind after sitting out the final 24 minutes of the regular-season finale against Cal after he picked up two personal foul penalties? Coaches had talked in spring about a more-focused, more-mature Burfict this season. That didn't really come to pass. He leads ASU with 68 tackles but didn't even earn honorable mention all-conference honors. - The Sports Xchange

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]Yea, he is a top 10 guy, we most likely won't be in the top 10 regardless of Sunday's outcome, but could be like 13ish so moving up 5 spots or so isn't a huge leap.* If we win we'd prob have to do a deal ala the Falcons for Jones last year.* Our first rd pick, Osi, and another pick to move up that far? Does that get it done? Who knows.
    [/quote]
    Kuechly and Hightower should both go ahead of him, but I still think he's the guy that best fits us if it weren't for his tendency to foul other players, that doesn't really fit the Reese mold. However our defense needs some of that fire that he has.

Having said that, I'm not getting my hopes up for a 1st round ILB ever again. We probably take another DE.

I love this guy. I think he is exactly the type of guy our defense needs, in the position we need it at. I want a bad *** MFer playing LBer for us. Someone who lays the wood like Suggs. A quick search for mock drafts had him going to Philly or the Cards in the top 10. I hadnt seen him going as late as the high 20s. These mock drafts are mostly useless after the first 5 picks.