+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anthony spencer season-ending surgery

Anthony spencer season-ending surgery

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ending-surgery

If ntegrease is still kicking around here, what's your take on the matter? Seems like they were doing just fine without him vs the Giants...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Yup, still here… creeping around your boards. (Hide ya kids, hide ya wife).

Losing Spencer for the season is very disappointing. I was hoping he’d still be able to come in and start making an impact after the halfway point, and really pick up steam for a final push to get a possible playoff spot. I actually had more confidence in him than I did in Ware with this transition to the 4-3 under so I really wanted to see how he would’ve done. But he’s likely played his last down as a Cowboy.

It hurts our depth as well, which is already somewhat thin. But as you’ve mentioned, the DL has looked pretty decent without him.

Overall I’m confident that Selvie can hold it down without him. He’s been playing very well and has stepped up in a big way. We’ve gotten really lucky with that find, considering he’s 3rd on the depth chart (lost Crawford for the season too). But still, pretty nervous about the apparent lack of depth… things like that usually rear their ugly head as the season goes on.

Selvie is a monster...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Selvie is a monster...
    This used to be my sig for, like, a year and a half:

Obviously, Selvie's career didn't pan out the way I thought it would, lol. That outlook went to his USF counterpart, JPP.

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Selvie is a monster...
    As happy as I am with him, I'm still reluctant to crown him. He's had a pretty easy go of things by going head to head with 3 guys with very little experience-- 2 rookies with Fisher and Pugh, and Barksdale who made his first start last Sunday (although a 2 yr vet).

The real monsters are Ware and Hatcher. But that left side is still in question although they're starting to ease my worries.

+ Reply to Thread