+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why the Giants continue to be so special to me

Why the Giants continue to be so special to me

I'm reading threads about Eli's future with the Giants and discussions about him possibly playing somewhere else one day. For me, its so hard to imagine. I don't want to. I was there, on the 30 yard line to witness the play and "the catch" first hand. I was sitting there alone. Actually, my seat was next to Diehl's family and I invited myself into their experience. David's dad had just passed away and they were sad he could not be there to see him play in the big game...we had that sense of loss in common. The friend I talked into going to AZ with me was sitting in the end zone because we couldn't get seats together. My friend is a Pats fan.

My parents had both passed away from cancer just a couple of years before and my dad and I had always said we would go to the Super Bowl together if the Giants ever made it there. He was a life long Giants fan. He didn't live long enough to see it so I told my wife I was going no matter what, even if I had to go alone.

My mom told me just before she passed that if she made it to heaven, she would somehow communicate with me that she was there and that it really existed. When things were not going well for the Giants, I had a little conversation with my parents. I told my mom that this would be a great way to reach out to me...make something really special happen in the Giants favor! I swear I'm not making this up. The very next play was THE play. The rest is history.

I will always be a Giants fan.
    Last edited by PennState1; 09-25-2013 at 03:15 AM.

Nice story. Perspective is a beautiful thing, and if more people had it, they'd know that there are far more important things in life than football.

Touching story, sorry for your losses.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

There is a heaven and your parents are both there.
    Do not feed the trolls.

+ Reply to Thread