+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Will Beaty's Circus of a game vs Pathers:

Will Beatty, LT - Giants
    The Giants might be a lot of things but they're not quitters. Based on their performance Sunday, a 38-0 shellacking at the hands of the Panthers, this team won't let the Jaguars run away with "Worst team in the NFL" honors without a fight. So there's that.

Quarterback Eli Manning was sacked six -- SIX! -- times in the first 16:20 of the game. And while Manning has played poorly this season (he leads the league with eight interceptions), at no point Sunday did he have a chance against Carolina's front four.

We say front four because, really, that's all the Panthers had to send. Left tackle Will Beatty spent the afternoon getting abused by Carolina defensive end Greg Hardy, and the Giants were powerless to do anything about it.

Facing a 3rd-and-5 on the Giants' first drive, the Panthers rush four and Hardy easily beat Beatty around the outside for a sack.

The Giants went into this game thinking Beatty could handle Hardy one-on-one. A slight miscalculation on their part. (FOX)

With 9:15 to go in the first quarter, the Giants decide to give Beatty some help. Running back Da'Rel Scott lined up in the backfield ... except Hardy beat Beatty to the inside. Another Manning sack.

The one thing Beatty can't do here: get beat inside. Guess what happened? (USATSI)

The Giants also tried to have Scott come across the formation to help Beatty. This time, Scott overcommitted to the outside, and Hardy beat Scott and Beatty inside for another Manning sack. It came a play after Beatty was called for holding, which negated a 17-yard David Wilson touchdown run.

The Giants couldn't even properly double-team Hardy. (USATSI)

By halftime, the Giants trailed 17-0 and had mustered one passing yard.

“These are games that you never want to think about, you never want to dream of or say that your team is going to have a game like this,” Beatty said, via the New York Times. “That first sack took up way too much of my thought, took up way too much of my time," he continued. "I should have let it go a lot earlier, and it was almost looking back on it, I see myself now, it was a snowball effect.”

Coach Tom Coughlin added: “We never really gave ourselves a chance to try to go after their chopped-up secondary because they did an outstanding job up front. And the majority of the time you're talking about a four-man rush, not anything other than that. I think we had seven sacks. I bet the quarterback got hit 20 times today. We lost the physical battle there.”

That's one way of putting it, yes.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...g-the-steelers
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Beatty is not physical enough? I am not sure how he could not block that small gap...jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Beatty is not physical enough? I am not sure how he could not block that small gap...jesus christ.
    Hope he's not hiding some sort of injury, but he just looked weak.

A video version of this ↓

Banned
    I've been saying this guy blows for the past 3 years. He's probably been called for a penalty that negated a TD more times than every other OL in the league combined. Last year he did it to take away a 1st down on 3rd and long on our last drive of the washington game when we were about to go ahead and we never got the ball back. On top of all that now he's a worse turnstile than DD? The Giants can size up some talent boy, this guy is making almost as much as Cruz LMFAO!

I think he just, like he said, was thinking about that first mistake he made all game long. And it snowballed on him all game. He was over thinking. He obviously had the worst game of his short career so far. Then again, no one played well that day.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    A video version of this ↓
    Yeeah, looks weak...

The entire game was disturbing. Let's hope it was just a case of having a crappy game, because there is no way to salvage this season without a dramatic improvement from him and the rest of his line.

Pugh gets a mulligan this year because he's a rookie. Sounds like Baas and Snee shouldn't even be playing because they are injured. Beatty is supposed to be the anchor of this offensive line....if he's the weakest link the Giants are ****ed.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Beatty will be fine at Left Tackle I am not even worried about him or even Pugh at Right Tackle...right now that Interior is more of a concern

Baas and Snee are killing us right now and we cannot run the ball when the opposing team Defensive Tackle is so damn disruptive and is almost already in the backfield before Eli hands the ball off

Will Beatty is a 38.5 million dollar statue.

"A̶d̶r̶i̶e̶n̶ ̶R̶o̶b̶i̶n̶s̶o̶n̶ Larry Donnell is the JPP of TE's". - Jerry Reese