+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Did Eli haters convert yet?

Or are they still looking for excuses?

Re: Did Eli haters convert yet?

[quote user="Moss#83"]Or are they still looking for excuses?[/quote]

Most of them are saying that Eli has magically become a much better player this year. Most of them stand by the idea that he's sucked every other year.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

I have always been an Eli supporter ....My biggest point has always been.. even if no one appreciated him now...they would sure miss him when he is gone.For example...Simms was never really welcomed till he won Superbowl...then once gone and we were stuck with Brown Grahm and Kanell..........everyone missed him.
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

I've read that too. I guess that's a little better than saying we need to trade up to get Luck.

[quote user="burier"]

Most of them are saying that Eli has magically become a much better player this year. Most of them stand by the idea that he's sucked every other year.

[/quote]

He is better. Which is why he is going to the Pro Bowl, and people are no longer laughing when talking about him as a legit top 5 QB. There's even been talk about him being a potential MVP candidate if Brees and Rodgers weren't having lights-out type seasons.

You think his play ever warranted that type of discussion before this year? I don't.

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="burier"]

[/quote]

He is better. Which is why he is going to the Pro Bowl, and people are no longer laughing when talking about him as a legit top 5 QB. There's even been talk about him being a potential MVP candidate if Brees and Rodgers weren't having lights-out type seasons.

You think his play ever warranted that type of discussion before this year? I don't.

[/quote]

In the past and even this year( but in a small way) Eli has always been a very good QB but would showperiodsof making poor decisions. This alone added fuel to the fire of his negative side. Another issue was his aw shucks demeanor which never meant **** to me.

I have always supported Eli but he has had legit things in the past that kept him from being a top tier QB overall. Now he is in the top tier and I hope he stays there until he retires.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro

[quote user="fansince69"]I have always been an Eli supporter ....My biggest point has always been.. even if no one appreciated him now...they would sure miss him when he is gone.For example...Simms was never really welcomed till he won Superbowl...then once gone and we were stuck with Brown Grahm and Kanell..........everyone missed him.
    [/quote]

exactly

yeah it's amazing all we heard was Rivers/Merriman ... in fact, this board for years didn't have a day go by without a post about the trade and how we got the short end ... and i'm certain some still think that way and are hoping Eli throws 4 picks and we lose by 20+ to Atlanta ... sadly

All-Pro

Eli is having a career year, but come on, he can't even throw for 5,000 yards!

[quote user="TuckYou"]Eli is having a career year, but come on, he can't even throw for 5,000 yards![/quote]

he could have but Nicks dropped too many.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="burier"]

[/quote]

True....despite his career stats saying otherwise, it's amazing how little credit he's gotten in NY.
    Eli owns a new NFL record for 4th Quarter Td's, he has an impressive number of 4th qtr comebacks and game tying and winning drives, his stats have gone up exponentially every year he's been in the league, he's a SB MVP winner with a ring, he carried the team this year to keep them within reach of a postseason berth.....on and on and on.
    How anyone could look at his body of work and not call him ELITE flies in the face of logic!