+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I agree with Slip about beefing up the defense though and getting oline later on.. The Center class is ridiculously deep, and we could get a starter there in RD4 probably. Then maybe grab a upside T/G and/or G from rds 5-7.. I would take Gabe Jackson if he were three in RD2 though. And Travis Swanson in RD3 would not upset me. Those 2 are the kinda lineman we need.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I agree with Slip about beefing up the defense though and getting oline later on.. The Center class is ridiculously deep, and we could get a starter there in RD4 probably. Then maybe grab a upside T/G and/or G from rds 5-7.. I would take Gabe Jackson if he were three in RD2 though. And Travis Swanson in RD3 would not upset me. Those 2 are the kinda lineman we need.
    Honestly, I would trade out of our top pick if it is top 5 and there is a stud waiting there. I bet QBs will go first, Bridgewater being the prize, and Mariota will shoot up boards. Then you have Hundley from UCLA who is being looked at as a #2 pick, and Tajh Boyd making a name for himself. By the end of the year, Manzeil could be big. All 4 could be early top 10 picks. If a team like the Cards or Eagles finish ahead of us record wise and want in, they may pay the piper. We could get some very good draft picks back in return. Then we can rebuild the OL and still fix the D.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Honestly, I would trade out of our top pick if it is top 5 and there is a stud waiting there. I bet QBs will go first, Bridgewater being the prize, and Mariota will shoot up boards. Then you have Hundley from UCLA who is being looked at as a #2 pick, and Tajh Boyd making a name for himself. By the end of the year, Manzeil could be big. All 4 could be early top 10 picks. If a team like the Cards or Eagles finish ahead of us record wise and want in, they may pay the piper. We could get some very good draft picks back in return. Then we can rebuild the OL and still fix the D.
    I wouldnt, giants need stud players on defense. They only have 1, maybe 2.

I would rather go defense and take either Anthony Barr or C.J. Mosley

Trading out is always a possiblity, and with the giants, it always seems like a good idea, but never happens, albeit, we never really see us in the top 10picking though..lol

I again, would say trading for ex picks is a good way to go.. We shall seee. I'd still grab 2more skilled posiotns, even if we had 2 1st rders, unless Jake Mathews fell to a spot we had no choice but to take em. But thinking of a Khalil Mack and Trent Murphy type 1st rd gives me goosebumps! I'd love to have 2 1st rders..

3 of those QB's are RS Sophomores. Good chance not 1 of them declares

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I wouldnt, giants need stud players on defense. They only have 1, maybe 2.
    It depends on what pick we have if we are picking 5 and are moving down to 8 and getting a 2nd round pick in return I might do it. It also depends on what players are there. If Clowney and Barr are gone then I would probably move down. We need an edge rusher very bad. If we have a top 10 pick Im looking at pass rushers and Cornerbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    3 of those QB's are RS Sophomores. Good chance not 1 of them declares
    Who? Manzeil I can almost guarentee will enter. Also, Boyd and Bridgewater will declare as well due to their stock being projected top 5. Mariota will become a huge hype QB down the stretch and will really consider it. He is having a Heisman type year and has all the size and speed.

5trive for Fiv5

Who? Manzeil I can almost guarentee will enter. Also, Boyd and Bridgewater will declare as well due to their stock being projected top 5. Mariota will become a huge hype QB down the stretch and will really consider it. He is having a Heisman type year and has all the size and speed.
    Really doesn't mean anything. Luck was guaranteed #1, but elected to come back. Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan were both certain top 15-20 picks last year, but decided to return to school.

Quote Originally Posted by EliIsTheBaas View Post
    Really doesn't mean anything. Luck was guaranteed #1, but elected to come back. Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan were both certain top 15-20 picks last year, but decided to return to school.
    No, it doesnt. But Manziel has said he cant wait to get out of college and to the nfl. Same as clowney. They are both pretty much guaranteed to come out