+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm on the Marcus Mariota bandwagon. I believe ELI is a good not great QB whos career is on the downswing. Its not that surprisng seeing how hes 32 and always been what he is, its just age is adding to his unconsistent ways now.. Mariota can use his feet and arm.. He can improvize and has won alot.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'm on the Marcus Mariota bandwagon. .

I am as well. If his head is screwed on straight, this kid has a bright future.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I am as well. If his head is screwed on straight, this kid has a bright future.
    He reminds me of a more straightened out CAm Newton. Maybe even faster.

I would love the Giants to trade back a few times pick up a bunch of picks, draft Khalil Mack in the first, and having 2 2nds, get Swanson and Gabe Jackson in the 2nd.

Trading out of a likely top 5 pick and shoring up the o-line is sound strategy but dull for us fans. While I see the logic of this strategy I'd much rather see them grab an exciting player like Clowney or one of the top corners (although I'm not aware of a CB worthy of a top 5 pick this year).

If they could somehow end up w/ two first round picks or a top 10 1st round and another high second I would be fine w/ trading out of their earned draft spot.
    Last edited by RugDaniels; 10-11-2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: i can't spell

Banned
    4 Jake Matthews OT 1 Texas A&M Sr 6-5 305 1
    10 Taylor Lewan OT 3 Michigan rSr 6-7 315 1
    30 James Hurst OT 6 North Carolina Sr 6-6 305 1-2

56 Anthony Steen OG 4 Alabama rSr 6-2 310 2
    82 Spencer Long OG 5 Nebraska rSr 6-4 315 2-3

102 Tyler Larsen C 3 Utah State Sr 6-4 312 3

I really hope we find a way to land Cyril Richardson. He is a beast on the interior and would start from day 1. Nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I really hope we find a way to land Cyril Richardson. He is a beast on the interior and would start from day 1. Nasty.
    Yeah, I would love Richardson in round 2. Not sure he gets there but if he is not, grab Gabe Jackson and plug him right in. Look at what Warford has done for the Lions. Jackson is a similar player.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Yeah, I would love Richardson in round 2. Not sure he gets there but if he is not, grab Gabe Jackson and plug him right in. Look at what Warford has done for the Lions. Jackson is a similar player.
    I agree, I like Gabe. He would be a later pick too. Some sites show him slipping to the 4th round. Either way, we need to rebuild the OL with cheap young linemen. That is where the draft comes in. Pugh is a great start. Hopefully Beatty recovers with whatever he is going through.

If we can trade back in the 1st and pick up a pick or 2, Im ok with drafting Richardson in the first. He could dramatically change the OL in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I agree, I like Gabe. He would be a later pick too. Some sites show him slipping to the 4th round. Either way, we need to rebuild the OL with cheap young linemen. That is where the draft comes in. Pugh is a great start. Hopefully Beatty recovers with whatever he is going through.

If we can trade back in the 1st and pick up a pick or 2, Im ok with drafting Richardson in the first. He could dramatically change the OL in 2014.
    Yep, I agree. I think Jackson would not be available after round 3 but I would grab him in the second. He has played very well in the best Collegiate conference and could step right in and start a la Larry warford this year.