+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

41-9 Loss to Carolina last season

I remember a poster saying that Coughlin didnt have the team ready for a game that would have gotten us into the playoffs. I remember us being eliminated already at that point but just wanted to know if indeed had we won that game and got help, could we have made it in?

Even if not, I do agree that the team shouldn't have laid an egg either way. Did we play carolina the last game of season the past 2 yrs? I ask cause i know i remember them playing us the last game of the old stadium too

Re: 41-9 Loss to Carolina last season

um... what?

are you drunk posting?

Veteran

Oh I get it! It's another reference to 2007..the panthers playoff game was in 06..so "last year" would be 2006 and that would make this year 2007.

Can't get passed me bro.

He's refereeing to2009 and no it would not have gotten us into the playoffs

That was in 2009. It was week 16, the last game in Giants stadium. Yes, if they had won that game, they would have been 9-6, and had a chance to get into the playoffs. They didn't, were eliminated, and proceeded to lay another egg against the Vikings in week 17, and finished 8-8.

Bench Player

lmao sorry, i was rushing upon having to get back to work after lunch when I posted. That game against carolina must have been the final home game of the old stadium.

[quote user="PrideofNY"]That was in 2009. It was week 16, the last game in Giants stadium. Yes, if they had won that game, they would have been 9-6, and had a chance to get into the playoffs. They didn't, were eliminated, and proceeded to lay another egg against the Vikings in week 17, and finished 8-8.
    [/quote]

yes

because me and my girlfriend bought tickets to the Vikings game week 17 and we went to Minny for New Years thinking that week 17 would mean something. That backfired.

****ing brutal
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Pakman"]Oh I get it! It's another reference to 2007..the panthers playoff game was in 06..so "last year" would be 2006 and that would make this year 2007.

Can't get passed me bro.[/quote]
    ??????? What, you are as confusing as the OP, LOL

Veteran

[quote user="JMGGIANTS"][quote user="Pakman"]Oh I get it! It's another reference to 2007..the panthers playoff game was in 06..so "last year" would be 2006 and that would make this year 2007.

Can't get passed me bro.[/quote]
    ??????? What, you are as confusing as the OP, LOL[/quote]

Lolll... Man idk where I was going with that lol

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="PrideofNY"]That was in 2009. It was week 16, the last game in Giants stadium. Yes, if they had won that game, they would have been 9-6, and had a chance to get into the playoffs. They didn't, were eliminated, and proceeded to lay another egg against the Vikings in week 17, and finished 8-8.
    [/quote]

yes

because me and my girlfriend bought tickets to the Vikings game week 17 and we went to Minny for New Years thinking that week 17 would mean something. That backfired.

****ing brutal
    [/quote]
    uugh....what an ugly game to be at, just remembering that day gives me shivers. You knew it was going to be bad because we were elimnated, had totally given up and Sheridan's defense was at an all time low, but watching Favre just embarrass us and run up the score was just devastating.

That was the last game I remember where I didn't even bother watching the last 5 or 6 minutes.