+ Reply to Thread

Best Way to Get to Stadium From Charlottesville Without Driving?

Subject line pretty much says it all. My father has offered to take me to a home game, but neither of us have ever been there and he wants to avoid driving if at all possible. We live in Charlottesville, Virginia. So what would be best? Fly in? If so, to what airport and how would you recommend getting to/from the stadium? Or possibly by train -- there is an AmTrack station in Charlottesville, but I don't know if taking it to New York or one of the Jersey stops makes sense.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

You are roughly 6 Hours away one way, so I'd pass on the driving part. That would leave you with either plane or train.

If you fly into Newark, NJ, you are about a 20 minutes drive to the Metlife Stadium if you rent a car at the airport. There are also a few hotels near by so you can stay over. You can also in "Theory" take the train from the Airport to Secaucus Junction and then hop on the train to the Metlife Stadium, but not sure of the schedule on game day.

I'm sure you can take and Amtrac Train to Penn Station (NYC) and then take a train to Secaucus Junction and then to the Stadium.
    Last edited by Jet-Blue; 09-15-2013 at 01:25 AM.

If I were you, Fly into Newark airport. Stay in Seacaucus, or one of the nearby areas.. Hotels are pretty reasonable. Stayed at the Meadowlands plaza a few years ago because I was way to trashed to drive home... Great experience, nice hotel and reasonable prices. Getting to the game via Rail lines seems like a HUGE pain in the ***.. If your staying at the meadowlands plaza they offered a taxi service. 20 bucks round trip.. drops you and picks you up right at the stadium..

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    If I were you, Fly into Newark airport. Stay in Seacaucus, or one of the nearby areas.. Hotels are pretty reasonable. Stayed at the Meadowlands plaza a few years ago because I was way to trashed to drive home... Great experience, nice hotel and reasonable prices. Getting to the game via Rail lines seems like a HUGE pain in the ***.. If your staying at the meadowlands plaza they offered a taxi service. 20 bucks round trip.. drops you and picks you up right at the stadium..
    This is what I do as I have to travel to each game. Fly to EWR. Get a cheap car from EWR and stay in Secaucus. I like Embassy Suites as not bad places to walk and eat and easy trip to stadium. Cab if worried about the buzz thing.