+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GIANTS' HOT TOPIC: WHO'S YOUR MVP SO FAR?

GIANTS' HOT TOPIC: WHO'S YOUR MVP SO FAR? - VOTE

Excerpt: "
    The
    continued rise of Victor Cruz
    and the new-found
    harmony between DB Antrel Rolle and head coach Tom Coughlin
    has us wondering
    who you think is the Giants' MVP this season - where the "P" is gonna stand for
    person, as Tom Coughlin may deserve some votes.

Let's start with Coughlin - and to do that, let's go back to August and the
    end of the lockout. Most Giants fans on NJ.com were convinced that there was a
    talent drain and very little influx for the Giants as the rest of the league
    went into a free-agent frenzy. Most Giants fans commenting on NJ.com thought
    that spelled doom. Why didn't it? Could it be that the Giants' brass - as
    opposed to the brass 90 miles south on I-95 - had their talent figured right?
    Could it be that the Giants' coaching staff knew that what they had to work with
    could be enough? And then did Coughlin get it done, without any star-studded
    free agents, despite an injury-riddled defense? He got it done enough to win the
    NFC East.

And then three players stand out as possibilities.

• Victor Cruz, who started the season as a possible fill-in for the departed
    Steve Smith, ended up breaking the team receiving yardage record. His highlight
    reel isn't just full of spectacular plays - it's full of game-winning plays.

• Jason Pierre-Paul was the first-round draft pick many NJ.com Giants fans
    loved to hate. Now, with the off-field tumult that sometimes characterized the
    Giants' d-line off the field, JPP was responsible for the tumult on the field,
    shredding protection schemes, making teammates better, running his nonstop motor
    all over the field.

• Eli Manning's detractors usually brush aside the Super Bowl ring as an
    aberration, but it seems to have been a precursor of the real Eli - and last
    year was the aberration. In a year when, coincidentally or not, his brother was
    stuck off the field, Eli has completely come into his own as a passer, as a
    quarterback in the fullest sense of the word and as a leader.

Vote in our poll and explain your vote below. Who's your Giants Most Valuable
    Person for the regular season?

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GIANTS' HOT TOPIC: WHO'S YOUR MVP SO FAR?

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]GIANTS' HOT TOPIC: WHO'S YOUR MVP SO FAR? - VOTE

Excerpt: "
    The continued rise of Victor Cruz and the new-found harmony between DB Antrel Rolle and head coach Tom Coughlin has us wondering who you think is the Giants' MVP this season - where the "P" is gonna stand for person, as Tom Coughlin may deserve some votes.

Let's start with Coughlin - and to do that, let's go back to August and the end of the lockout. Most Giants fans on NJ.com were convinced that there was a talent drain and very little influx for the Giants as the rest of the league went into a free-agent frenzy. Most Giants fans commenting on NJ.com thought that spelled doom. Why didn't it? Could it be that the Giants' brass - as opposed to the brass 90 miles south on I-95 - had their talent figured right? Could it be that the Giants' coaching staff knew that what they had to work with could be enough? And then did Coughlin get it done, without any star-studded free agents, despite an injury-riddled defense? He got it done enough to win the NFC East.

And then three players stand out as possibilities.

• Victor Cruz, who started the season as a possible fill-in for the departed Steve Smith, ended up breaking the team receiving yardage record. His highlight reel isn't just full of spectacular plays - it's full of game-winning plays.

• Jason Pierre-Paul was the first-round draft pick many NJ.com Giants fans loved to hate. Now, with the off-field tumult that sometimes characterized the Giants' d-line off the field, JPP was responsible for the tumult on the field, shredding protection schemes, making teammates better, running his nonstop motor all over the field.

• Eli Manning's detractors usually brush aside the Super Bowl ring as an aberration, but it seems to have been a precursor of the real Eli - and last year was the aberration. In a year when, coincidentally or not, his brother was stuck off the field, Eli has completely come into his own as a passer, as a quarterback in the fullest sense of the word and as a leader.

Vote in our poll and explain your vote below. Who's your Giants Most Valuable Person for the regular season?

[/quote]

tough one....

IMO its a toss up between Cruz and Eli. But I would go with Eli since it starts and ends with him. Also while Cruz has been flat out terrific Eli has completed many passes to other receivers, has kept the Giants in many games, lead come backs, and controls the offense.His job has way more involvment in the success and failure of the Giants...

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Eli.

When there are 3 candidates for MVP and a QB is one of em, you go w/ the QB...it begins w/ #10.

Eli for MVP

Cruz for Giants OPOY

JPP for Giants DPOY

[quote user="GiantWarfare"]Eli.

When there are 3 candidates for MVP and a QB is one of em, you go w/ the QB...it begins w/ #10.

Eli for MVP

Cruz for Giants OPOY

JPP for Giants DPOY[/quote]

Agree 100%.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]Eli. When there are 3 candidates for MVP and a QB is one of em, you go w/ the QB...it begins w/ #10. Eli for MVP Cruz for Giants OPOY JPP for Giants DPOY[/quote] Agree 100%.[/quote]

However you break it up, these are the three players that have carried this team on their backs.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

No doubt It's Eli. While you could argue JPP is a better player than Eli and that Cruz has really helped Eli, Eli was the one who held the team together. With the worst running game in the league and one of the worst defenses in the league, the passing game was what saved us this year. Who's the head of the passing game? Who was the leader of the offense? Who lead 5 fourth quarter comebacks and 6 game winning drives? Who helped a player that is practically a rookie become break the Giants single season receiving yards record? The answer to all of that is Eli. Eli is the MVP.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]Eli. When there are 3 candidates for MVP and a QB is one of em, you go w/ the QB...it begins w/ #10. Eli for MVP Cruz for Giants OPOY JPP for Giants DPOY[/quote] Agree 100%.[/quote]

However you break it up, these are the three players that have carried this team on their backs.

[/quote]

I agree ... but for MVP status, I think we could win without JPP or Cruz. I don't think we could win without Eli.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

You have to ask yourself, how bad would this team be without that player. There is no debate that this team would be far worse without Eli than any other Giant.

Show class, be a Giants fan.

Eli has carried this team all year.
    The guy is a winner. He doesn't care about stats or breaking records. He wants to win games. That's MVP material.

My vote is for Eli- everything on Offense goes thru him and he has had his best year so far this year. Cruz has developed into an awesome receiver thru hard work and being reliable target for Eli. The future is bright for him. JPP has also been amazing stud on Defense and a game changer. But, our biggest game changer has been Eli with all the comeback wins he has lead.